Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Mum's had enough! Take my Ya Ba addict son away PLEASE!

webfact

Mum's had enough! Take my Ya Ba addict son away PLEASE!

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A mother in Sattahip went to the local district chief to beg him to call in the authorities and take away her 28 year old son. 

Jiraphak has been a Ya Ba (methamphetamine mixed with caffeine) addict since he was a M1 high school kid, fifteen years ago.

He has been threatening his family making violent demands for money.

He has been in jail and rehab four times and now he is suffering paranoid delusions. 

He thought police and drugs officers who came to take him away for more rehab were members of a WY Ya Ba gang. 

4pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

He was smiling inanely as Na Jomtien officers led him away. 

Earlier the man's mother had appealed to Sattahip district chief Anucha Inthasorn for help.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-09-28

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 2long said:

Fair play to the mum, and I feel so sorry for her.

Drugs are a terrible scourge on society.

If only my MIL had done the same to her youngest, could have saved my wife's family a whole load of heart ache.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Looks to me that it´s just ordinary news pictures. How should they be, and look like, to suit you?

However, I wish more parents could do like this mum.

Was the camera man just passing when he noticed this incident?  When ever Thai police make a rare arrest (often through information received rather than diligent police work) a cameraman is summoned; sinister sunglasses are donned; the criminal's face is carefully obliterated (if Thai) whilst the undercover drug officer's face isn't; then dramatic poses struck.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Was the camera man just passing when he noticed this incident?  When ever Thai police make a rare arrest (often through information received rather than diligent police work) a cameraman is summoned; sinister sunglasses are donned; the criminal's face is carefully obliterated (if Thai) whilst the undercover drug officer's face isn't; then dramatic poses struck.

Ok, Normal news pictures in Thailand. Also nothing to fell the need to complain about. If you don´t like it, don´t read it or look at it. So simple as a toddler could understand, right?

Thailand is not like your home country, and will never be. Just accept that instead.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

Some Thai men represent an overly entitled gender here in the LOS. Boys from an early age are told they are special.

What parents need to start doing is to tell their sons:
1. You are nothing special. You become special when you prove yourself to be a worthy person. An exemplary character. A cut above the rest. Someone who gives and does not just take.

2. Your sister is special. She works hard, she is ambitious, and she is not lazy. Prove yourself to be at least equal to her. Women run this country.

3. Respect is not freely given. It must be earned. Go out into the world and earn respect.

4. Make your mark on the world. And pay your own way. All Thai men should be asked to leave home by the age of 20. Unless they are severely handicapped, or have real, true, special needs. 

15 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Some Thai men represent an overly entitled gender here in the LOS. Boys from an early age are told they are special.

What parents need to start doing is to tell their sons:
1. You are nothing special. You become special when you prove yourself to be a worthy person. An exemplary character. A cut above the rest. Someone who gives and does not just take.

2. Your sister is special. She works hard, she is ambitious, and she is not lazy. Prove yourself to be at least equal to her. Women run this country.

3. Respect is not freely given. It must be earned. Go out into the world and earn respect.

4. Make your mark on the world. And pay your own way. All Thai men should be asked to leave home by the age of 20. Unless they are severely handicapped, or have real, true, special needs. 

I would never tell my son he is nothing special. I find it more benifical to provide encouragement when he is heading in what I feel is the right direction, and applying his efforts in a worthwhile manner. also accepting he is a child and will want to do some things that will please him, and make life fun, rather than a procession of drudgery and hard work

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

I would never tell my son he is nothing special. I find it more benifical to provide encouragement when he is heading in what I feel is the right direction, and applying his efforts in a worthwhile manner. also accepting he is a child and will want to do some things that will please him, and make life fun, rather than a procession of drudgery and hard work

It is about letting them know they are not princes, they are not entitled, they are no better on any level, than their sisters, or female counterparts. 

What do you do when he is heading in the wrong direction? Too many parents spend way too much time coddling, and giving into every wish and whim of their kids. It makes one ask, which one is the parent and which one is the kid? It creates a very weak minded child who often grows up into the kind of adult this woman had to contend with. 

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It is about letting them know they are not princes, they are not entitled, they are no better on any level, than their sisters, or female counterparts. 

What do you do when he is heading in the wrong direction? Too many parents spend way too much time coddling, and giving into every wish and whim of their kids. It makes one ask, which one is the parent and which one is the kid? It creates a very weak minded child who often grows up into the kind of adult this woman had to contend with. 

Up to now he seems to be progressing in the right direction, headstrong teenager in the making, no doubt, will make mistakes, no doubt, I think he is smart enough to learn from them.

I don't need to beat anything into him, I don't need to present others as superior to him when they are not, he will have confidence, not be beaten down to fit some distorted idea that this will make him a better person.

My daughter was given a brand new motorcycle to travel to school, my son wanted his mothers 13 year old motorcycle that he could spend (his own) money on to get the look he wanted. Says a lot don't you think?

Just lucky I guess ????

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, Normal news pictures in Thailand. Also nothing to fell the need to complain about. If you don´t like it, don´t read it or look at it. So simple as a toddler could understand, right?

Thailand is not like your home country, and will never be. Just accept that instead.

So we should just ban forums; not form any negative opinions; not publish critical thoughts and accept the status quo?  Are you Thai?