Bus Service Between Pattaya & Si Racha

Tom Kagai

No numbers as such but the best way is to take a song thaew up Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit. Get off at Sukhumvit and turn left, walk towards the Petronas Service station. Just in front of the service station is a bus stop/shelter, many Thais will be waiting there. Just wait for any bus to pull up, a guy will lean out the door asking you where you want to go, just say Sriracha, if he is going that way he will take you on board, no set times just head up there, won't be long before one is along, price around the 30 baht mark.

The advise re catching almost any bus above is correct.

However for information, buses no 1631 which are pink white and pale blue ply between Sattahip and Chonburi at about 1/2 hourly intervals. Buses no. 303 run between Rayong and Chonburi via Sattahip and Pattaya but are infrequent. Colours Green white and brown from memory.

Don't know how often they run but some of the busses from the bus station on Pattaya North going to BKK do a very scenic route via Sri Racha and Chon Buri.

I foud out the hard way, I was coming from Thai Sai Mai and told my friend I would see her in about 2 hours when the buss left. :o Well the scenic tour was not advertised so I discovered that they do this regularly from looking at the number of busses from the same company we passed going the other way. Needless to say I was less than impressed as I had just spent 14 hours on a bus from Krabi. :D Mai pen rai everything worked out in the end.

• 6 months later...