Updated status regarding procedure for Tm28 / Tm 30

I know some time ago there was something new about the above mentioned forms but haven't follow it so I would be grateful for an update. I shall visit/stay in another province approximately 4-5 weeks other than where my registered address in Thailand are and will stay in a mixed condo/hotel where there are both Thai and foreign owners/renters, i.e. long stayers but the place also rent out some condo's for shorter periods. As far as I know through friends living permanently there the condo management report directly any newcomer online to Immigration and my question is if I then also have to visit Immigration and tell them that I'm there for some weeks. Btw, I'm on retirement Visa.

Thanks 

Felt

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

I shall visit/stay in another province approximately 4-5 weeks other than where my registered address in Thailand

I believe you are getting some mixed signals on this ?

From my understanding if you are already in Thailand, you don't have to do anything, however if you are returning from overseas and go straight to another province outside of your usual address, you have to report to your immigration office within 24 hours of return to your usual address/province.

@ubonjoe I am sure Joe can put some light on this as this is his area of expertise.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Iem said:

I was fined !,600 Bahts two weeks ago by Jomtien Immigration when doing a 60 day extension for not reporting to immigration within 24 hours of returning from KL on 21 February .

Just out of curiosity, what is your status, e.g. did you enter on a tourist visa ? 

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you put your registered address on the TM6 form when entering the country no TM30 is needed.

But according to the new regulation it depends upon your status here. If on a tourist visa a TM30 report is needed if you stay at another address after arriving. If on extension of stay no reporting is needed unless you change your registered address.

I'm on extension (retirement) and haven't been out of country for 1 1/2 year and except for a new passport picked up on a day trip to Bangkok hardly been more than 30K from registered address the last 8 months.

Felt