Advice about how to get a new visa

I was in Thailand Elite Visa 5 years but now they say i cannot renew membership staying inside the country. They told me immigration ask to go out from country and apply from outside.

What kind of visa i can apply staying inside Thailand ? I read that retirement or marriage visa or student visa are not available anymore inside the country and are not delivered in Europe for now.

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai and a certificate of entry at embassy or official consulate. You would have to go into a 14 day quarantine after arriving here.

Haha ok but i am not married....And i would like to find a way to not go out from the country !

13 minutes ago, motyduke said:

Haha ok but i am not married....And i would like to find a way to not go out from the country !

You mentioned marriage visa.

The problem you have is that immigration will only issue a non immigrant visa if you have a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Your Thai Elite PE visa is not considered as a tourist visa for doing the application. 

7 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

You might have to talk to an agent. 

I have talked to some but what they say is really confusing. Some say i can apply for a new thailand elite visa but Thailand Elite say it is impossible.  And some talk about the retirement visa but they dont really understand that i can't get an extension as Ubonjoe said

on

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You mentioned marriage visa.

The problem you have is that immigration will only issue a non immigrant visa if you have a visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Your Thai Elite PE visa is not considered as a tourist visa for doing the application. 

Thanks. These rules are crazy. Even agents don't understand them. So if i understand you i have no choice and need to leave thailand ? So have been in Thailand Elite system during 5 years give no privilege. Because we need to go out to apply again and maybe wait many months or more to come back... ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, motyduke said:

on

Thanks. These rules are crazy. Even agents don't understand them. So if i understand you i have no choice and need to leave thailand ? So have been in Thailand Elite system during 5 years give no privilege. Because we need to go out to apply again and maybe wait many months or more to come back... ? 

Immigration stated last week in a press conference that there will be 60 day extensions available. I think we will hear more about them next week. It appears to be a solution they have come up without doing more amnesty periods.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration stated last week in a press conference that there will be 60 day extensions available. I think we will hear more about them next week. It appears to be a solution they have come up without doing more amnesty periods.

thanks for information but Extension on what ? Thailand Elite office told me last week that we cannnot get any extensions. And they told me (this is their words) : "there will be no mercy by immigration for PE thailand elite"

9 minutes ago, motyduke said:

thanks for information but Extension on what ? Thailand Elite office told me last week that we cannnot get any extensions. And they told me (this is their words) : "there will be no mercy by immigration for PE thailand elite"

That is incorrect info. They were referring to a normal situation.. But now under the corvid 19 emergency the extension can be done.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is incorrect info. They were referring to a normal situation.. But now under the corvid 19 emergency the extension can be done.

thanks ok. Need to follow that and check it when this 60 day extensions will be available. thanks again for all your precious informations

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I was on an expired Elite visa and went the agent way.

12 months Volunteer visa for below 50k. Took me 15 minutes at their agency, 5 minutes when I got it back the week after.

I'm not proud or happy about it, but I was tired of the stress and headaches about amnesty extensions or not. If it is considered legit, then I'll always consider using an agent in the future.

sooo  if u got a volunteer visa  ..then that is the same as a o non immigrant to visit thai wife ... note not marriage 

interesting... i could not get one at CM office so that must be the difference in agent and solo .. sound correct ?

On 10/3/2020 at 5:22 PM, motyduke said:

I have talked to some but what they say is really confusing. Some say i can apply for a new thailand elite visa but Thailand Elite say it is impossible.  And some talk about the retirement visa but they dont really understand that i can't get an extension as Ubonjoe said

An experienced agent knows what he can get you. That's what you're paying for. It has nothing to do with what is normally not possible. 

OP your entry on elite visa is your grief.

I suggest you contact agent company. 

You could start with agents such as Thai visa centre bkk. Just for advice. Then you can continue with CM agency. 

Hopefully experts can give better option.

Are you over 50? RT might be preferred option for agent.

On 10/3/2020 at 2:03 AM, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai and a certificate of entry at embassy or official consulate. You would have to go into a 14 day quarantine after arriving here.

Is there any issue's at the moment for folks IN Thailand on Non O retirement extensions to renew it,  or is it same yearly business as usual ? 

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Is there any issue's at the moment for folks IN Thailand on Non O retirement extensions to renew it,  or is it same yearly business as usual ? 

Nothing different to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Business as usual apart from crowdings every time an amnesty is due to end!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP your entry on elite visa is your grief.

I suggest you contact agent company. 

You could start with agents such as Thai visa centre bkk. Just for advice. Then you can continue with CM agency. 

Hopefully experts can give better option.

Are you over 50? RT might be preferred option for agent.

Thai visa centre is not the agent who was arrested last month ??

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, BKKTRAVELER said:

I was on an expired Elite visa and went the agent way.

12 months Volunteer visa for below 50k. Took me 15 minutes at their agency, 5 minutes when I got it back the week after.

I'm not proud or happy about it, but I was tired of the stress and headaches about amnesty extensions or not. If it is considered legit, then I'll always consider using an agent in the future.

And you get a volunteer visa without leaving thailand ? For me it is a surprise because some told me it is impossible. And you say " if it is considered legit"...so you don't really know. It is scary as you can be ban if not , no ?

1 hour ago, motyduke said:

And you get a volunteer visa without leaving thailand ? For me it is a surprise because some told me it is impossible. And you say " if it is considered legit"...so you don't really know. It is scary as you can be ban if not , no ?

I didn't have to leave the country, no. I have a EU passport and below 50 years old. I do not know if they have different criteria according to your nationality and/or age.

The visa is legit, I am pretty sure I'll be ok for the next 12 months. They will do my 90 day reports. It just felt wrong to buy a visa that way but I didn't have other options to stay in the country. Immigration was pushing people to go and use agents to sort out their situation, so I did just that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I didn't have to leave the country, no. I have a EU passport and below 50 years old. I do not know if they have different criteria according to your nationality and/or age.

The visa is legit, I am pretty sure I'll be ok for the next 12 months. They will do my 90 day reports. It just felt wrong to buy a visa that way but I didn't have other options to stay in the country. Immigration was pushing people to go and use agents to sort out their situation, so I did just that.

Ok i understand. I agree. I send you an mp to know about the agent who did it

Agents probably have little experience dealing with ex elite members, especially as most would simply do a border run if going onto other visas in normal times...

If you get a good one they'd sort it all out with immigration, they should also be OK with checking the details before you pay. If not, find another!