Retirement Extension - Kap Choeng

This may be of interest to some given current CV & travel confusions ...

I went to KC this morning to extend my permission to stay on ground of retirement (OA visa from 2015), which was to run out in 3 days on 10 October. All fine but they have extended me by an extra 3 weeks, to 31 October 2021. I wasn't expecting that as I have - as far as I knew - no CV amnesty or other entitlement and I haven't travelled outside Thailand for some 18 months.

I didn't query it as I'm obviously not complaining, but it does seem a bit odd (and uncharacteristic). Perhaps a new government program to cheer us all up?

• Like 1

OP, I'm with you. I would have been expecting an extension till 10oct/21.

I realize the recent infographic mentions all extensions start from Nov 1, but assumed it didn't include annual extensions.

Edited by DrJack54

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, I'm with you. I would have been expecting an extension till 10oct/21.

I realize the recent infographic mentions all extensions start from Nov 1, but assumed it didn't include annual extensions.

All the more puzzling if the OP's TGIA-approved health insurance policy is also due to expire on 10 Oct 21!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OJAS said:

All the more puzzling if the OP's TGIA-approved health insurance policy is also due to expire on 10 Oct 21!

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm surprised that the OP did not mention his insurance. 

Yes, I only just realized that myself and have made a note that when I extend the health ins next year (Pacific Cross) I will need to extend it from 10Oct21 to 31Oct22.

Let's face it. Thais LOVE complexity. Not just in their bureaucracy but their architecture too. Thai Baroque.

1 hour ago, mfd101 said:

Let's face it. Thais LOVE complexity. Not just in their bureaucracy but their architecture too. Thai Baroque.

IMHO your 21-day extension windfall is to be celebrated rather than complained about! Particularly since you have an immigration office, which has in the past been reported on here for its negatively rogue practices, to thank for it. :partytime2:

Edited by OJAS

36 minutes ago, jackdd said:

They are just following the orders, see the info graphic popup when visiting the immigration website: https://www.immigration.go.th/en/

Ok. So I have permission of stay till Nov 15 (retirement). I attend CW next week Oct 14 for annual extension. 

What "until date" will be placed in my pp? 

I'm expecting it to be Nov 15/2021