Heavy rain showers profits on one enterprising woman

webfact

Heavy rain showers profits on one enterprising woman

By THE NATION

800_19709f8f6ada072.jpg?v=1602142876

With storms hitting the country and incessant rain, one woman in Si Sa Ket province has decided to turn this crisis into an opportunity.

Somkid Sangkerd, manufacturer and retailer of plastic tanks, decided to start making plastic boats for use during floods.

She said she was inspired to start producing boats when people from flooded areas showed up at her shop asking for plastic oars. Now she sells both boats and oars for between Bt2,000 and Bt3,000.

Somkid said her boats will last for at least 10 years, adding that even fishermen have bought them.

On Thursday, the Meteorological Department predicted isolated heavy to very heavy rain in the lower Northeast, East and Central regions, including Bangkok and its vicinity. The South will also be hit with heavy rain.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30395841

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-10-08

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Police:  How did you say he died

Woman: He hit his head on an oar as we were paddling down our flooded Soi.

Police:  (Confused look) You say he hit himself in the head with this plastic oar?

Woman: Yes he was paddling fast

Police: So your telling me he hit himself in the back of the head and caved his head in while paddling fast.

Woman: Yes he hit himself in the back of the head, I was sitting behind him with my paddle to defend myself as I thought he was going to hit me.

Police: So the paddle your holding with the blood on it was the one that hit him.

Woman: Yes it was his fault, he would not stop yelling out his Mia Noi's name, who was in the boat ahead, so he hit himself with my paddle.  Honest Truth sir.

• Haha 1