30 nov extention problem

back in September i got my visa extended through an embassy letter  till the 26Oct in Chang Watthana BKK , so as per the new law im entitled to extend my visa till the end of November , when i got to the immigration office in Pattaya they basically told me two things , i only can get this stamp in bangkok (since i got the original extension there)  secondly i cant do it now i have to wait till the end of October , funny because i know plenty of people who already got that stamp already , they told me it depends on your nationality , so i asked if i went to Bangkok now will i get the extension or probably they gonna tell me the same thing that i should get back to them at the end of October , they replied they cant guarantee that... why they leave it till last minute ? isnt the point of the extension is to reduce the congestion at the immigration offices ? ... and if they gonna leave it till last day then they have no choice but give the extension coz it will be too late for me to find a flight.

The immigration announcement states you can request the additional length of stay now. You do not have to wait until it is almost the 31st.

Do you have a extension of stay stamp now or a under consideration stamp done in at Muang Thong Thani.

If you went back to Muang Thong Thani they would change your stay to November 30th now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Do you have a extension of stay stamp now or a under consideration stamp done in at Muang Thong Thani.

i already got the extension to stay upto 26th Oct ,  so i understand i suppose to be able to get automatic extension till the 30th november ,  so you saying i can go to bangkok and get the extension now?? ..  coz they told me its based on my nationality

2 minutes ago, freesudani said:

i already got the extension to stay upto 26th Oct ,  so i understand i suppose to be able to get automatic extension till the 30th november ,  so you saying i can go to bangkok and get the extension now?? ..  coz they told me its based on my nationality

You need to do it in Bangkok since it is the office that issued your extension using a embassy letter. It is not based upon your nationality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The immigration announcement states you can request the additional length of stay now. You do not have to wait until it is almost the 31st.

If you went back to Muang Thong Thani they would change your stay to November 30th now.

hi ubonjoe. I have a consideration stamp until Oct 20th. Is it possible to go in now to MTT to get the extension to Nov 30th or should I wait until Oct 20th to go in and get it extended?

Edited by donpo

38 minutes ago, donpo said:

hi ubonjoe. I have a consideration stamp until Oct 20th. Is it possible to go in now to MTT to get the extension to Nov 30th or should I wait until Oct 20th to go in and get it extended?

You need to wait until the 20th. Your application might not of been approved yet. You will get a November 30th extension stamp.

To save me starting a new thread, i got my nov 30th stamp today, and then the immigration officer said if i come back a few days before  that date i could get another 60 day extension till the end of January for 1900 baht. 

His English wasnt bad but i just want to make sure i have understood this correctly ?, before i go changing my flight plans.

4 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

To save me starting a new thread, i got my nov 30th stamp today, and then the immigration officer said if i come back a few days before  that date i could get another 60 day extension till the end of January for 1900 baht. 

His English wasnt bad but i just want to make sure i have understood this correctly ?, before i go changing my flight plans.

I was told the cost was 3,900 - i was given the form to fill in at the same time and confirmed this news at the immigration office in Ubon today. Are you sure he said 1,900?

29 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

That would be correct for a 60 day extension starting on November 30th. It would be until January 29th.

But you would have to apply for it and pay the fee.

10 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That would be correct for a 60 day extension starting on November 30th. It would be until January 29th.

But you would have to apply for it and pay the fee.

Is that for people of all visa types ...and does it require an embassy letter ?...or just 3900 baht?

Sorry for posting this in two threads, but not sure where it belongs. I applied for an embassy letter extension on Sept 9 (early, as requested) at the Samui IO and got an under consideration stamp for Oct 11 (this Sunday). Because it is a Sunday, I have called twice and asked when I can come in and will I get stamped until Nov 30. Today they told me that they are not expecting any approvals for under consideration until after Oct 20 and to call back then. As another poster mentioned, they also asked my nationality. So, my question is twofold:

1) Has anybody gotten a Nov 30 stamp from Samui? Please post when you do.

2) Has anybody with US citizenship gotten a Nov 30 stamp? Please post when you do.

Before they stamped my passport I was unaware of the under consideration thing. I urgently need to see a specific doctor in Bangkok and have had to change the appointment several times and my flight as well. I have no intention of coming back to Samui afterwards. So, I'm stuck here waiting for something that may or may not happen. Any info would be most welcome. Thank you.