Friends Coming To See Me

I have friends coming to see me in Korat (They just got married in the UK)

They would like to then move on to the South of Thailand for a ‘beach holiday’

May be Krabi , or one of the islands, not having visited the South myself

I am wondering which may be the best way for them to travel to the South

From Korat, I think it would possibly mean returning to Bangkok, and from there

To the South, can any one tell me what would be the best way for them to get to the South

from Bangkok..? Sorry it’s a bit vague on where they will eventually end up

But at this stage they are still trying to decide which province / island they want

to visit ….

Thanks Mumbo

If this is a sort of honey moon then flying wil be the quickest & most comfortable way IMO. There are flights via Bangkok & thai airways to most southern regions, phuket, krabi, samui etc & all take an hour or less from Bangkok.

The only other options will be to pick up a bus from the southern bus terminal or KS Road or take the train, which all take a lot longer. I know my option (I have done a samui to Khon Kaen trip by road & never again!!!) & have also done trains from Bangkok to the south & although fun, for a short trip prefer the comfort of flight.

If they take a bus from Korat then they can take a taxi from the northern bus terminal to the airport & if they set off in the mornhing from Korat could be on the beach by late afternoon :o

They could also take a plane from Khon Kaen to BKK & flight to the beach. Although it will depend on how close you are to KK city as it may just be quicker to do the bus.

Thanks Boo, Yes it’s a sort of Honey Moon If they go by air out of Bangkok to krabi or the islands

And here’s a silly question where would they actually fly to..? What airport would they go to..?

As you can see I don’t know too much about flying in Thailand.

Thanks ….. Mumbo

thai airways have flights direct from the BKK to Krabi, Phuket & Surat thani (they would then need to get a bus to ferry & then ferry to either Samui or KPG)

Or Bangkok Airways fliy direct to Samui, Phuket & Trat (which is gateway to Koh Chang - Trat

Just get them to look at the Sawadee.com website which should give them a better idea of where they might want to go. Once they have that then booking flights with either BKK Airways or Thai Airways is very easy to do either online or once they are in LOS. :o If they then wanted to island hop from one of the main islands then they can arrange that once they are there but it is very eay to do at a travel agent at their hotel to arrange trips to other smaller islands.