Bang Saen: Crystal clear water and no vendors - let's keep it clean says mayor Lek

webfact

Bang Saen: Crystal clear water and no vendors - let's keep it clean says mayor Lek

9pmVI.jpg

A video published by Thai media showed the beach at Bang Saen.

There were few tourists because it was Monday and it was also very natural looking because it was a day off for the popular Thai resort's vendors. 

The media said the sea was crystal clear - you could see the sand. 

Mayor of Saensuk district Narongchai "Lek" Khunpluem said the water was usually clear at the end of October at the start of the cool season. 

It had come early this year.

He said that usually trash flows into the beach from offshore but there was none today.

He asked tourists to keep it that way by not littering at the beach.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-10-13

• Haha 1

Bang Saen is a tourist destination for Thais primarily; there are very few other nationalities visit it.

Sadly, the busier the beach gets the dirtier it gets. It is disingenous to to suggest rubbish mainly washes in from the sea.

• Like 1

I worked at Burapha University for a year Students would try to entice me to go swimming with them and even though I showed them many "nasty" things floating in the water, feces, used condoms, female "hygiene" things, amongst others, they would still swim and ride on the banana boat.  Many later would complain about being sick and report in with a medical certificate to explain why they could not attend classes.  Also, no mention is ever made in the media about the ships which ply their way to and from Bangkok to places unknown that discharge their waste and bilge into the water and who knows what that contains.  Much of that also gets onto the "beach".

'nuf sed.

• Like 2