visa marriage and bank account

Hello everyone.

I recently got married with Thai, I want to transfer 400000 bhat for the visa, I have 2 questions.

Which Thai bank is best, just for a regular account without a lot of fees.

I do not want to transfer from bank to bank, but from another way, will immigration want to check the transfer of money?

Thank you

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

This has also been my bank of choice for 20 years plus, no complaints worth mentioning.

I think their crappy MasterCard TPN is worth mentioning. But if OP doesn't use it frequently online, he'll be ok. 

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you confusing the UnionPay debit card with the MasterCard they issue. I have a MasterCard and it does work OK.

And even UnionPay works fine for the few places that accept it - but would not be what most people would want if they use card as normal payment.  

23 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

And even UnionPay works fine for the few places that accept it - but would not be what most people would want if they use card as normal payment.  

I got a UnionPay card just to use for ATM's. I wanted to keep my Visa card safe from getting eaten until the MasterCard became available.

I'm with Bangkok bank too for about 6 months now.

TMB and Kasikorn didn't want my 400k Baht because I was on a tourist visa back then. ( ”..can not, you only tourist..”)

From what I have experienced and learned from others Bangkok Bank is hassle free and the best option, at least for your 1st Thai bank account.

Their mobile app works very well for online payments and transfers to other accounts. Should you be on a TV at the time you open the account your maximum daily spending limit will be 200k Baht. 

It is not possible ( at least for me ) to transfer money from your Thai bank out of Thailand.