HELP! Is it possible to change a Non ED visa into a Non B visa? Been offered a job teaching English at Uni

Hi everyone,

If anyone has any insight or has been in the same situation I would really appreciate hearing from you. Thank you in advance for your time!

My Situation:

I'm on an ED visa which expires next week but I can stay on the Thai amnesty rule until the end of this month. I went to immigration and they told me I either have to fly back home or find a way to stay legally. I've been here for 6 years, been with my girlfriend for 5 and we recently got a puppy so going back home is the last thing I want to do. I used to teach English for 5 years before I studied Thai language so I applied to the University near me and after the interview they offered me a job. They told me to find out if I can get Non B as they are concerned with how strict the immigration is during this pandemic. The head of English at the Uni are unable to tell me if they can get my ED visa changed to a Non B and asked me to try to find out myself.

Has anyone else been in this situation? Was anyone able to figure out a way to get this sorted?

Thank you for your time

Adam

You cannot change your visa category from a non-ed to a non-b visa while in the country. The only way to do that would be to leave and re-enter the country,

If the university could apply for a work permit for you then you could apply for a one year extension of stay based upon teaching at immigration.

• Like 1