CIMB ending ATM machines on 01-12-20

I got a few messages about this...I know they have been down sizing, but they claim to have a strong balance sheet.  Anyone know what is happening?  Exactly what parts of the ATM are they ending?  Just the machines or cards included?

26 minutes ago, allane said:

I just spoke with them by phone. They will be removing their ATM's. If you have an ATM card you can still use it. I did not ask if ATM cards will be replaced after their expiry date. 

Thanks..I have never paid a fee to use another bank's atm, with my CIMB card..and rarely used one of their atms.  Possibly, it will not affect me...6500 ATMs in ASEAN was suppose to be one of their selling points.

Guess CIMB has decided it's cheaper (more profitable) for them just to pay interchange fees to other banks for CIMB customers to use other banks' ATMs.   This seems to be purely "it's a better for CIMB move vs it's better for the customer."   But this is really not an uncommon thing for many banks in many countries, especially smaller banks, who simply piggyback on other major network ATMs vs maintaining their own ATMs.   

https://www.cimbthai.com/en/personal/news-and-promotions/promotions/announcement/annouc127211233.html

image.png.f38b9a1b81d7af98fae4d2955f8a9901.png