Car Accident Compensation

Hope this is the right place for this. Couldn't find another place to ask advice.

I just got out of a 2 week stay in hospital. Had a car accident 2 weeks ago. The other driver has as good as admitted fault. Fractured kneecap, cracked ribs, broken nose, split lip, lots of pain... The local police suggested that he start negotiations about paying me compensation, which he has done - he has made an offer which doesnt even cover my loss of earnings ( I wont be able to walk or work for about 2 months).

Anyone been through this process of bargaining for compensation?

Any advice?

PS The other driver is Thai

Edited by yosemitesam

Hope this is the right place for this. Couldn't find another place to ask advice.

I just got out of a 2 week stay in hospital. Had a car accident 2 weeks ago. The other driver has as good as admitted fault. Fractured kneecap, cracked ribs, broken nose, split lip, lots of pain... The local police suggested that he start negotiations about paying me compensation, which he has done - he has made an offer which doesnt even cover my loss of earnings ( I wont be able to walk or work for about 2 months).

Anyone been through this process of bargaining for compensation?

Any advice?

PS The other driver is Thai

Buddy of mine is going thru same situation,other driver at fault and he with broken femur. Get a lawyer,will cost about 10% of what you get. Money well spent.

Take a lawyer!

Be prepared going a long way through all the courts etc.

I am in my 5th year now and this year (hopefully) will be the final day.

We won this case allready against the insurance from a very big and well known company here n Thaland.

It was a car accident with a taxi we've used in Bangkok from the airport.

Gerd

Cheers for the replies.

Any history of these things being settled quickly out of court when going after the company themselves? I dont hold out much hope of a big increase in the other driver's offer, seeing as he is on about 8,000 a month.

Do any of these law firms go on a 'payment by results' basis, ie. only pay lawyer fees if u win?

Edited by yosemitesam

Cheers for the replies.

Any history of these things being settled quickly out of court when going after the company themselves? I dont hold out much hope of a big increase in the other driver's offer, seeing as he is on about 8,000 a month.

Do any of these law firms go on a 'payment by results' basis, ie. only pay lawyer fees if u win?

Why don't your insurance take care of it ?

Edited by singa-traz

Forgot to say it was a rented car. Their insurance took car of most of the hospital bills. I am being ignorant of such matters but would their insurance be interested in compensation claims against the other driver, or the motor vehicle company themselves if it was found that certain things in th car didnt work that should have?

Forgot to say it was a rented car. Their insurance took car of most of the hospital bills. I am being ignorant of such matters but would their insurance be interested in compensation claims against the other driver, or the motor vehicle company themselves if it was found that certain things in th car didnt work that should have?
If you were back in USA you'd have a lawyer. Why wouldn't you here?