Thailand Seeks Travel Bubble Pact With China to Spur Tourism

aldriglikvid

Thailand is in talks with China to establish a quarantine-free travel corridor by January to rescue its ailing tourism industry.

The agreement with Beijing will be subject to the success of a limited reopening of the Thai tourism industry to foreign travelers this month, according to Tourism Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn. China, which accounted for more than a quarter of Thailand’s tourist arrivals before the pandemic, will be the first low-risk country the Southeast Asian nation will sign up for quarantine-free travel, he said.

The current mandatory quarantine will be replaced by coronavirus testing and a mobile tracking application for the Chinese visitors if the return of foreign tourists does not lead to fresh Covid-19 outbreaks, Phiphat said. About 11 million Chinese holidaymakers visited Thailand in 2019, netting the country about $17 billion, official data show.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-15/thailand-chases-travel-bubble-pact-with-china-to-boost-tourism?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_content=business&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business

• Sad 2

Without any doubt whatsoever this is the plan that is going to happen and not a single transmission will ever get past detection. 

The long play being the Chinese may try to ensure transmission occurs once more doors are opened and make thailand more reliant on them and more against western return.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Without any doubt whatsoever this is the plan that is going to happen and not a single transmission will ever get past detection. 

The long play being the Chinese may try to ensure transmission occurs once more doors are opened and make thailand more reliant on them and more against western return.

Indeed. As soon as the nasty farangs re-infiltrate, the numbers will be made to rise and thus blame will be apportioned. Never min who brought this into the world. Not to worry, China's dubious culture is no doubt cooking up an even worse little nugget than sars-cov2.

"The current mandatory quarantine will be replaced by coronavirus testing and a mobile tracking application for the Chinese visitors if the return of foreign tourists does not lead to fresh Covid-19 outbreaks, Phiphat said"

Only mainlanders will agree to 'mobile tracking application' 

12 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

"The current mandatory quarantine will be replaced by coronavirus testing and a mobile tracking application for the Chinese visitors if the return of foreign tourists does not lead to fresh Covid-19 outbreaks, Phiphat said"

Only mainlanders will agree to 'mobile tracking application' 

Most have 2 phones, I do....I could use a spoof app that changes the "location" of you phone or a VPN.

Why couldnt I leave a phone with the tracking app in my room as Im out on the town with phone #2???

Thai covid cops looking at chinese phones and think"where the heck is Mogadishu, and why are they there?"

if this type of app spoofer doesn't work Im sure I could get rich making one for all incoming tourists!!! ????

• Haha 2