Discouraging?

in2it1

Met my wife almost 2 years ago never looked back she is a a "rock" never lied or asked for money neither did her family although both parents dead. She brought herself with her brother form Loei when she was 14 yrs old to BKK as her mother told her she did not have enough money to educate her any more, she took various jobs and saved enough to get her degree. She worked for a chemical company when I met her, I met the boss of the company and her work mates, I met most of her family in Loei too. Now she takes care of our business in Thailand and keeps meticulous notes of income and outgoings, she has managed to save more than 200000 baht in the last 6 months from the business and I cannot fault her. The only thing I would say is understand they have a totally different thought concept and they avoid any confrontation but Im teaching her not to be too much like this or the business will suffer. ie no good a tenant saying they cant pay the rent this month due to x y z. She has to be forced to buy anything for instance new clothes

and always says they are too much many of her clothes were seconhand or given to her by friends. We met on the internet and as I am sure many girls now do this they cannot all be no good. I met another girl whos Farang husband dumped her after she gave birth to twins so please note there are many bad farang out there also playing a stupid game. Best thing you can do is go and see her and give it time do not rush many want to be married within weeks of meeting. Recipe for disaster. If they have paretns you will be expected to take care fo them if they are poor but this is not always the case. I cant put my website up here but if you look at my user name and add www at the start and .com at the end youll see a photo of us under the link "paul sukanya".

Good luck just take care.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking from experience (not personal), there is no reason why a Thai should be less trustworthy than any other national, BG, shopgirl, village girl, take your pick. I've seen many happy marriages both over here and in LOS. The problem with trust is - you have to give it first before you learn if it's misplaced or not.

I cant put my website up here but if you look at my user name and add www at the start and .com at the end youll see a photo of us under the link "paul sukanya".

Very nice site Paul, the pic of you and your wife has a nice background, looks more like Loei than Bangkok.

Good luck mate. :o

I cant put my website up here but if you look at my user name and add www at the start and .com at the end youll see a photo of us under the link "paul sukanya".

Very nice site Paul, the pic of you and your wife has a nice background, looks more like Loei than Bangkok.

Good luck mate. :o

Pic taken in Samui high ooop a mountain somewhere.

Thanks Paul

For every distrustfull Thai female there is a farang who came on holiday with everything packed - except his brain i.e. it takes the stupidty of one for the other to take advantage of.

But that aside, and also putting aside the cultural diffs and how one came to meet and get involved with the lady in question, ask yourself this question: would I be handling this relationship in this way knowing what I do about this girl if this was all happening back in my home country??

..... and the answer inevatbly in most cases is a resounding NO. So why in Thailand?

It's quite simple to avoid most of the bad experiances people have here with the fairer sex: ask yourself the above question and answer with your head, not your heart.

MF

ask yourself this question: would I be handling this relationship in this way knowing what I do about this girl if this was all happening back in my home country??

..... and the answer inevatbly in most cases is a resounding NO. So why in Thailand?

There's a reason for that Maize, in most cases, they would never be in a relationship back in the home country in the first place. :o

Edited by Maigo6

get real guy. odds are she a hooker........lol.

we all know yours is different.....lol.

from what i hear not mut hope for 40 year old in thailand. they considered so way over the hill its not funny....lol.

You could very well be the reason there are wars! Maybe if you stopped hearing things and started to look more, you may find a ray of sunshine in your life. I never heard age was a prerequest to the quality of a person. Because she is 40 does not mean she is any less of a person. Which is probably why she is not with you. I wish you well.

Wars there are because of struggle for resources, not because of reality reminders like blizzard.

Also I think nor I nor Blizzard desire to be with a 40 years old

It indeed may be the case that sometimes this is a girl who doesnt care for the man she is writing too..but maybe not so.

I once saw a girl in an internet cafe' who was video chatting with 3 farangs at the same time (with 3 different windows !).

Hey guys stick with the facts! Good or bad Thai women are the finest little brown creatures in the galaxy. So it’s better to say you tried and ended up with a bad one than to not have tried at all. So everyone be good old’ chums and tell in2it1 to go for it. Better to go home with a 10 at 2 then to stay home to go home with a 2 at 10. I would have rather had 5 Thai ex wives then 2 ex white ones. The woman back home are going to tell you the thai woman only wants a green card when they only want your paycheck. The green card is cheaper hands down. Women are women no matter where you go except here the rolls of cat and mouse are reversed! So if you want to contribute any common traits or generalizations to Thai woman as a whole. Then all you have to do is look at your own characteristics in your own home environments. What lengths do you go through to chase women back home? How many would you contact before choosing one? How faithful would you be back home if it was you that got hit on every time you left the house? HOW MANY WOMAN HAVE YOU GONE OUT WITH JUST FOR SEX KNOWING DAM GOOD AND WELL YOU COULD NEVER FALL IN LOVE WITH HER? Thai women treat men the same as white men treat women in the United States. We both have limited opportunities when it comes to choosing a mate instead of settling with what is available to us. I can’t believe anyone that lives in Thailand is trivializing about this woman’s age at all. You should know that this is one of the few places in the world to find a virgin in her 30’s. I did, and I am as ugly as a red headed step child :D ! That’s the beauty of this place. The prostitution takes the peer pressure away from the women who choose to wait. In my opinion of course. In the U.S it is impossible to find a woman over the age of 24 that hasn’t had some loser’s rug rat. And in that case you mine as well put a ring on his finger too because he will always be waiting for the opportunity to get involved when things aren’t going right between the two of you. Go for it 2in1! If it doesn’t work out at least you will have a better looking T-shirt than your neighbors back home. I know how you feel %100. My Thai wife is 5 years older than me. We met on the internet. We have never had anything but a long distance relationship because I work in the Middle East. She doesn’t trust me and I don’t trust her. Our marriage is constantly riddled with trust issues to a point we both need therapy. But we have common goals and sensibilities that make us love each other enough to stay together. Even if we dont last i will never regret the time we were together :o i love my little fat brown girl muk muk muk muk muk. I think everyman should have one. So go ahead in2it1 whats the worst that could happin? Nothing that a pre-numsuale agreement cant cure!

Edited by endure

Story for OP. A friend, 36, had similar conversation with similar sounding TW, 39. He had been to Thai several times and had an upscale Thai bar gf. This internet 39 y/o sounded different. She had job and everything just like yours. My friend came and had a wild time as usual, broke up w/bar gf and met the net TW at the end of his trip. Long story short, he marries the TW and divorces within 2 years. Your situation sounds typical; many of these hags on net trying to hook farang mental weaklings, and doing a great job of it

For every distrustfull Thai female there is a farang who came on holiday with everything packed - except his brain i.e. it takes the stupidty of one for the other to take advantage of.

But that aside, and also putting aside the cultural diffs and how one came to meet and get involved with the lady in question, ask yourself this question: would I be handling this relationship in this way knowing what I do about this girl if this was all happening back in my home country??

It's quite simple to avoid most of the bad experiances people have here with the fairer sex: ask yourself the above question and answer with your head, not your heart.

MF

Hello,Thanx for making your point. But the point here is the discouragement and mistrust that is brought about by others. I defer to the many negative posts on this thread alone downing Thai women and the possibility of a successful relationship. A quick search on the internet will also comfirm how someone could become so discouraged as a result of mistrust that a relationship may never flourish. The amount of negative material propagandized by those who have had bad experiences is overwhelming. Yet, a closer look at some of the posts reveal a very different story, one that reveals a different kind of Thai woman and relationship with a 'farang'. (ref post #121 on this thread. note the quality of the information shared with the clear intent to offer adivice without degrading a segment of a population based of the negative experiences of some)

when is mod going to close this topic, op has hard head, keep trying to state his case. spend some dosh and check her out. your soulmate got to be worth at least 2000$.

any of you guys see thai girls webcamming with their BOYFRIENDS AND somewhere during the session you hear the girl say she cannot coz she shy...............i love it. ususally thats when the guy just asked her to show her chest to him via the webcam.

only in thailand.

ps for you humourless people this ones for you. i dont even know what dosh is, in america i think its the same same as wetbacks...............lol.

Edited by blizzard

when is mod going to close this topic, op has hard head, keep trying to state his case. spend some dosh and check her out. your soulmate got to be worth at least 2000$.

any of you guys see thai girls webcamming with their BOYFRIENDS AND somewhere during the session you hear the girl say she cannot coz she shy...............i love it. ususally thats when the guy just asked her to show her chest to him via the webcam.

only in thailand.

ps for you humourless people this ones for you. i dont even know what dosh is, in america i think its the same same as wetbacks...............lol.

I have never heard of dosh either. The point I have been making is that the experiences I have personally had do not align with the negative posts or reading:No financial requestsNo sick buffalosnever claimed shynessshared information about her past (incldng bf)no cam sex sharing of expenses for communicationetcCould she be something other then what I have presented? yesBut it just does not add up to generalizations.Why not offer constructive criticism and/or suggestions?I will be going to see her, and it has nothing to do with money being spent. If there something to offer besides a generalization, I welcome your input!Try to look at what has been written and use your experience and knowledge to make a fair judgement. But do not judge her based on commonly helf beliefs about a small segment of a population. Try it!

only in thailand.

I have never heard of dosh either. The point I have been making is that the experiences I have personally had do not align with the negative posts or reading:No financial requestsNo sick buffalosnever claimed shynessshared information about her past (incldng bf)no cam sex sharing of expenses for communicationetcCould she be something other then what I have presented? yesBut it just does not add up to generalizations.Why not offer constructive criticism and/or suggestions?I will be going to see her, and it has nothing to do with money being spent. If there something to offer besides a generalization, I welcome your input!Try to look at what has been written and use your experience and knowledge to make a fair judgement. But do not judge her based on commonly helf beliefs about a small segment of a population. Try it!

I shouldn't worry about it too much. There are 60 million people in Thailand. The fact that some of them are dishonest doesn't mean that they all are - a concept that is foreign to many of the posters on TV.

only in thailand.

dosh is money.

Story for OP. A friend, 36, had similar conversation with similar sounding TW, 39. He had been to Thai several times and had an upscale Thai bar gf. This internet 39 y/o sounded different. She had job and everything just like yours. My friend came and had a wild time as usual, broke up w/bar gf and met the net TW at the end of his trip. Long story short, he marries the TW and divorces within 2 years. Your situation sounds typical; many of these hags on net trying to hook farang mental weaklings, and doing a great job of it

Why did they divorse?

I have never had sex with another girl since i met my wife let alone a prostitute.

Ok Mr Clinton, I believe you. :o

I never had sex since I met my wife..... or it seems as such!

Why folks want to get married is beyond me.

Why did they divorse?

Yep,

I am thinking they have had years of hoaning their English skills, & among other things. When they get up in the years, the internet starts to become the last resort, the last punch. Now if they had invested wiseley maybe they would not have to go for the last ditch effort.

I met a working girl once. Nice big hearted girl. We just talked, and the truth is I find this stuff facinating, kinda of like train wreck photos. So I asked her, what her long term goals were. She said she wanted to save up 1 mill. baht to buy her family a dream home. I asked her what she made a month, her reply was 20K. I asked her if she realized that if she saved 10K a month she would have her dream home in 8 years. Her eyes grew big, and she said.... "I can't do this for 8 years...." Yep, the clock is ticking for these girls, I pitty them. I wish them luck.

Apparently age is very important to you BAF. Quantity of years, over Quality of person? But... allow... me... to... remind... you... that... this... thread... is... about... a... 40... year... old... Thai... woman... who... is... far... closer... to... achieving... success... with.... a... Western... man.... than... a... 40... year.... old.... Western... woman... is.... I hope this was slow enough for you?!

It's not about me, in2it1, I already have a happy and healthy sentimental and sexual life :o

It's not me the one "looking forward to any advice or opinions" (as per your opening post).

The notion I've been trying to put into your head is that age and the other things I've mentioned (plus many others) are very important for the culture and the society she is from and she is living in.

Didn't you want to learn about Thai culture which is "admittedly new" to you? You have in a successive post said that you "dated a Chinese woman in Beijing for over a year and dated several Koreans in the past" and your initial claim was that you are " far from nieve, ignorant, or inexperienced in the ways of the world". Sadly, the fact that you have lived in Asia (you say) coupled with what you have written in your last posts have confirmed to me that you are just another one of those blind daydreamers who have crowded the thread and for which I have no time nor respect since they are one of the main reasons for which we Westerners are taken for fools here and aren't given the respect and the level of "service" Thai men use to get...

My parting words are, again, good luck.

Although now I don't think you deserve it.

P.S. And BTW, I've never said that ALL of them are out to get you nor that she SURELY is, I was simply trying to help you by pointing out, naively believing you really were "looking forward to any advice or opinions", the most likely scenario...

Thank you for sharing that. I am familar with the importance of age in Asian socities as a whole. Albiet, it appears to be more pronounced in Thailand and limiting upon an older woman. The importance to the culture of which you refer to is, historically, from a male perspective in a male dominated society. Thus, the vertical social structure over time requires a woman to remain a youthful fair maiden for the male. Included in the historical picture is once the fair maiden is chosen and taken care of by the man, she is designated to "serve" the man as gratitude for being taken care of. This attitude is a decendent of the need of the male to be away for long periods of time to fight in wars. The female remains home, is expected to take care of the home, including finances, and when the man returns he is expected to continue to support the family. (This is ofcourse the simplist example, due the time and space constraints) This attitude matured over time to what it is today. Reference the Ching dynasty in China as a prime example.

That is what I find so appauling about your comment that We 'arent Given the same Level of Service that Thai men use to get...' This is quite revealing in many ways, but most notably the thought process behind the 'Farang'. Why should any woman Service you at all?? Why should any Thai woman, or for that fact any woman, be expected to provide you or any man a 'level of service'?? The cultural differences of which you refer fail to anwer this in todays world. Maybe it is because more Men fail to properly care for their woman that they have the Need to find alternative ways to survive. What is clearly apparent are that the Real Men who have posted on here and are happily married have a 'Level' of respect for their Woman. There is Undoubtly, a mutual respect between the man and woman. Consequently, the woman will provide more to the man who obviously respects her, then to a man who Expects a level of service. Therein lies the distintion between those who fail to 'get a level of service' and are consider fools, and those who find peace with their significant other. So can anyone falt an older Thai women for searching outside her society for a Man who will want her? Why should she wallow and waste away in a society where she is likely to remain alone and shut out by her own so called men and the farang who live there. Reference the number of older women in the society who were never married and are still alone and live with the likelyhood of remaining that way. Is it wrong then that they would want to have someone who can support them? Herein lies the farangs observation that they are money hungry.

Are there women who are dishonest and look to clean out some farang? Yes, but now the reason(s) are more apparent, as are the reasons for the negative material propagated by those who were taken financially. Could it possibly be that those women knew they were/are not respected and felt that they would never recieve a level of respect worthy of their confidence?? That the social training they recieved was really an ungrateful farang whose intention was to use them for their own purpose before disgarding them because they lived in a certain culture?

I have heard and read more about Thai culture and how wonderful it is to explore and enjoy. I will explore that culture and respect those in it and will probably recieve the same courtesy in return. And that includes the woman who I have known for the last 3 years. I certainly do not expect her to provide me any level of service just because I am a Man, but I will expect that we respect each other. And if it fails, I will atleast understand why.

I do wish you luck and appreciate your opinion, and hope to see more from you in the future.