French Woman Contracted COVID after Quarantine

rooster59

3 minutes ago, polpott said:

If there were asymptomatic people wandering around the community they would be spreading it to others. Some of them would become sick and some would die. Your argument has no logic. Where are the overflowing hospitals? Where are the dead bodies?

It seems the R in Thailand's environmental conditions naturally "flattens the curve". So no overflowing hospitals. As for the bodies, have to wait until end of budget year to see the tally (excluding Bangkok and the 75% that die at home): https://hdcservice.moph.go.th/hdc/reports/report.php?source=formated/death298.php&cat_id=491672679818600345dc1833920051b2&id=b4ea22252bb533f3f9225dfcab83d43a

• Like 2

8 hours ago, daveAustin said:

What happens when 7 billion people have covid and Thailand is still saying zero cases? What would that mean? 

It means that the thai government is <deleted>..ing idiots with medevial thought between their ears.

It really mean that the Thai population were not tested well.. and there are a lot COVID 19 Thai Zombies walking around....HAHA

Instead of worry about the foreigners better your own people better. How stupid this frenc couple to spend all kind of money and get the covid 19.Better go home otherwise they will dump more money

what hppennedto the 14 days self quarantine

JUST CAN"T WAIT TO HEAR when ONE OF THE CHINESE GOT COVID19 too

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, polpott said:

If there were asymptomatic people wandering around the community they would be spreading it to others. Some of them would become sick and some would die. Your argument has no logic. Where are the overflowing hospitals? Where are the dead bodies?

both of you are wrong.

get covid 19 does not mean you will die.

most of the people recover 

But to prevent the spread of Covid-19 you need to do a thorough test...there is no way to do distancing. and how far..this virus is airbone.. it will get you on the plane in a restuarant or 

a restaurant

Here is the estimated covid-19 incubation period from cambridge.org. There are others but all are similar. Estimates are based on various studies, all which have their own relative errors. Clearly a small number of infections will be detected beyond 14 days. Even if just 1%, that means for every 100 people who test positive in quarantine, one will test positive outside. If as one person suggested, if the final in quarantine test is drawn a couple of days earlier, the number that slip past quarantine could be significantly higher.

So the question is, how many have tested positive in quarantine so far?

Estimation of incubation period and serial interval of COVID-19: analysis  of 178 cases and 131 transmission chains in Hubei province, China

image.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

This is the biggest nothing to happen in awhile. It literally means nothing. One case. Big deal. It is a nothing burger. 

The alarmists will scream about the dangers, the risks, the astounding amount of undetected cases. And if that is the case, one wonders where is the Zombie Apocalypse? 

Open the nation up to tourism. One lab test at home and one antigen test at the airport. All good. You are healthy. Have a nice time. No other requirements. If you guys are serious about reviving the industry. 

Thanks for coming. Spend alot of money! Help us create jobs again. 

how stupid these french people to spend all the money to do what ?

now they will have to go home..plus they will be quarantine again.

apparently they are rich enoguh to have a residence in Kho Samui.

THe problem is the government has no brain , and filled with medivial VOO DOO things

If you do not test your own people how can you blame the foreigner to bring the virus in thailand.. 

Can't wait to hear that one of the chinese has covid-19

• Sad 1

Just now, the green light said:

you all are assumining that the french woman was already infected before coming to Thailand.

and all of you believe the government has done a great job from notspreading the virus betwen Thais.

It is obvious that she was infected by either  a local person or in the plane to Kho Samui

there are no distancing on the plane

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You just do not give up on this "Where are the dead bodies" diatribe do you.  There is no logic with Covid.  Asymptomatic folks do not show symptoms.  They are simply carriers, and although may be able to spread the virus, some people just are better at being able to shed the virus without any issues  Please do some research and educate yourself.  Asymptomatic is not pre-symptomatic, and an asymptomatic person generally will not die of medical issues associated with the virus unless they start to show actual symptoms.

https://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/asymptomatic

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/5-questions-about-asymptomatic-covid-19-cases-answered

I suggest you read your own link and then my post. They don't contradict each other, they contradict your whacko theory.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Myanmar quarantine is 3 weeks as early on they had a case with symptoms after 2 weeks with a confirmed transmission. It was initially 2 weeks then they increased the quarantine period. 

but of course could be Thailand - I agree no testing = low numbers. I think Thailand spiked way back in Jan feb. know a guy who was in hospital back then and there was a surge in pneumonia with people on beds in corridor there wax that many. 

makes sense with all the movement of the Chinese in and out around then. 

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

So according to you, if you have covid, or there is covid present, bodies would be stacking up, and hospitals will be full.  Good to know there are some people who believe it is the end of the world.  Enjoy your day. I will send you some more tin-foil

I don't believe that at all. I believe there is little or no Covid in Thailand. You on the other hand, believe that there are armies of asymptomatic people but no sick in hospital and no dead.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mbenson said:

It is either this or admit that the quarantine program and all of the testing is ineffective and has been giant waste.

I don't think a single case says this. If there was not quarantine there may have been thousands of cases just  like in other countries.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Enlil said:

If u ever wonder where all this going to heres good legit explanation. 

Thanks for posting that.  The future of the citizens of the world will be bleak if these Rs ols get their way.  I know back in Australia the scum in politics will be all for it.  For too long governments the world over have ignored what is right for their people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

For all we know this woman could an anomaly of nature or who ever was suppose to check her didn't do their job properly or at all. or.. or.. or.. who really knows what is going on for sure? no body...

You're wrong there. TV.com posters know everything for sure. They haven't been outside since April but they know every <deleted> thing ????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mr mr said:

no thailand no have covis. thailand number 1. wear mask ride alone on motorcye. thai not do same stupid farang country. not follow rule. not together fight covis. why farang not want stop covis.

Anutin to announce: Soak Amulet in Whisky, then wear on wrist or around neck , Virus no like, all Ok

• Like 1

A "Green light" on page 5

"French stupid - spend all the money - apparently they are enormously rich to have a residence in SAMUI" -
This is an excerpt from your post.

Maybe it's thanks to the rich or middle-class people, if there are employees
Besides, if this can help maintain some jobs, even part-time, and the protocol has been respected, why not.
You shouldn't be envious.
I hope this Frenchwoman is recovering from it and that it will only be a bad memory.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I could only find one ASQ hotel in SP.

An Iranian businessman tested positive on 15 Oct. at an (un-named) ASQ hotel in SP.

There were two others, Thais from Hong Kong positive on same day as French lady from Samut Prakan (maybe theres a state quarantine facility there as well though?)

I found 4 ASQs in Samut Prakan. 

5 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

As I have explained previously there are 70+ government hospitals throughout the provinces of Thailand.  If each hospital had one extra person die each week it's not going to show up as anything drastic like 70 dying in the one hospital.  And they can claim the death was due to pneumonia or heart disease or diabetes and how can you dispute a death certificate signed by a doctor?  That's about 3600 deaths in a year.  Those dying from pneumonia or heart disease or diabetes would run into the hundreds of thousands a year!

In the UK currently 141 deaths/day. Thats over 51000 deaths/year. Try those numbers for Thailand.

7 minutes ago, polpott said:
15 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

As I have explained previously there are 70+ government hospitals throughout the provinces of Thailand.  If each hospital had one extra person die each week it's not going to show up as anything drastic like 70 dying in the one hospital.  And they can claim the death was due to pneumonia or heart disease or diabetes and how can you dispute a death certificate signed by a doctor?  That's about 3600 deaths in a year.  Those dying from pneumonia or heart disease or diabetes would run into the hundreds of thousands a year!

In the UK currently 141 deaths/day. Thats over 51000 deaths/year. Try those numbers for Thailand.

Please check my previous post above some minutes ago, which explains it. I agree to Grumpy John.

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Except many Thai hospitals test suspicious pneumonia cases for covid-19. Most serious cases go to hospital and even a few covid-19 cases would light up like a Christmas tree. I doubt a lot of people are dying of covid-19 unnoticed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1