Srinakarin Dam Golf course.

JAS21

As Srinakarin Dam Golf Course is not listed in Golf Directory (Kanchanaburi) and there appears no way of adding then I will post here.

Mrs J and I are in Kanchanaburi at present and she brought her clubs. I can't play at the moment due to injury and 'Crossy' very  kindly pointed out that if I need it, at the top of every Thaivisa page there is help for me.......

Srinakaring Dam is one of EGAT Courses and we have played it many times. The Caddy told us it had very recently rained every day for two weeks. The course looked fantastic, lush fairways and greens. 

The greens were a little on the slow side, but only because they are only cut Monday to Saturday and we were there Sunday.

Some of the holes are quite challenging and require quite a carry off the Tee else your ball drops into a ravine.  As my wife is not as young as she was and also hasn't played much recently she dropped down to the Reds for those holes! There is one par three that must have close on a 100M drop from Tee to green.

The caddies are mainly men and they also play and are more than likely to have a lower handcap than those they are cadding for.

It is a two tier pricing system as are many EGAT Course but with the price being .....
Over sixty years ...Thais 100baht, Non-Thai 400baht, Caddie 260baht, Cart 500Baht (can share) I put up with it. I wasn't charged to go round and drove the buggy, think the caddie wasn't too impressed with my one arm driving in places though! The course was basically empty.

There is a small restaurant at the course but we use the one where all the EGAT workers eat as it overlooks the Dam.  Actually there is accommodation available if you wish to stay, need to  pre book though.

It is well worth the 60Km drive from Muang Kanch to play there. Also the dam is very popular with Tourists and well worth a visit itself. You use the same road as if you were going to Erawan but a few Kms further.

The Golf Office Phone number is 098-375-6719, she only speaks Thai. Caddies tend to have some English proficiency .

• Like 1