Snake catchers in Hatyai area?

mjnaus

Hey everyone! Does anyone know of people or organizations that "properly" remove snakes? By properly, I mean by other means that simply killing it.... We have a kind cobra settling into in our backyard and with our dogs and cats around, I'd prefer for it to not be there ???? We had this problem last year and ended up getting the local emergency foundation involved, which ended up sending some morons over who had no idea what they were doing and who ended up killing the snake. Thanks!

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

you need to get rid of it before someone get bitten. There is no such thing as a kind Cobra.  It shouldn't worry you how they get rid of it as long as it's gone from your property. 

Thanks. But I will decide myself what worries me and what does not. I have enough experience with snakes to know the dangers of having them around. Cobras, as every other snake that I have crossed paths with, have no interest in humans and will not strike unless provoked or stepped on.

I realize it's a potentially dangerous animal and yes, I do want prefer it off my property. But if I have choice between killing it or having it removed alive, I choose to not have it killed. 

We had a python in the backyard, tangled in the netting of the neighbour's chicken run. It was the emergency rescue people who dealt with it. They carefully cut the netting to free the snake caught it, bagged it, and took it away. Neighbour had just wanted to hack it to pieces with a machete, but these guys did a good job. Wife says you phone 1163 once you navigate the auto answer system and get to talk to someone they'll organise a team to come get your snake.

IMG_1038_1.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

We had a python in the backyard, tangled in the netting of the neighbour's chicken run. It was the emergency rescue people who dealt with it. They carefully cut the netting to free the snake caught it, bagged it, and took it away. Neighbour had just wanted to hack it to pieces with a machete, but these guys did a good job. Wife says you phone 1163 once you navigate the auto answer system and get to talk to someone they'll organise a team to come get your snake.

Thanks @Stocky, that's very helpful. We will give that number a try.

On 10/27/2020 at 6:46 PM, mjnaus said:

Hey everyone! Does anyone know of people or organizations that "properly" remove snakes? By properly, I mean by other means that simply killing it.... We have a kind cobra settling into in our backyard and with our dogs and cats around, I'd prefer for it to not be there ???? We had this problem last year and ended up getting the local emergency foundation involved, which ended up sending some morons over who had no idea what they were doing and who ended up killing the snake. Thanks!

Did you get your issue sorted? There is an emergency foundation that deals specifically with animals. I forgot how we got hold of them before, one of the other rescue organisations gave us a number when we had a problem with some trapped Soi dogs. If you are still struggling I will get the wife to do a bit of digging.

@recom273 Thanks; appreciate the reply. We haven't seen the snake since that night. But if experience is anything to go by, he'll pop back up soon enough. We now have two numbers we can call; both regular rescue foundations. If you'd be able to get us an animal specific rescue foundation, that would be very much appreciated.