Lovely Motors

I remember a while back there was a topic on the worst car you've ever owned.

Now I never owned one (but had a friend whos' parents did), but imagine my suprise to see this quality motor in a Bangkok car park......

post-22504-1178178823_thumb.jpgpost-22504-1178178786_thumb.jpg

rather appropiate that the bonnet (hood for our american cousins) is up innit :D

and later on I saw this monstrosity of a modified motor

post-22504-1178178907_thumb.jpgpost-22504-1178178972_thumb.jpgpost-22504-1178179080_thumb.jpg

what on earth was the person who owns that thinking? "Oh yeah and I'd like a huge mercedes badge in the centre of the spoiler to remind people what I'm driving".....ergh :o

(sorry for the poor quality....my cameraphone isn't that great :D)

Anyone else spotted some modified horrors or cars on the road that should have died long ago? Come on lets see them :D

Edited by moonoi

An Austin All-Agro, nice motors!!!
I liked the square steering wheel !. it was living proof that guigerio ( or whaever his name was ) was definatly abusing a substance, that ( the allegro ) and the austin princess !,.. what gems from the british ex empire indeed ./

I liked the square steering wheel !. it was living proof that guigerio ( or whaever his name was ) was definatly abusing a substance, that ( the allegro ) and the austin princess !,.. what gems from the british ex empire indeed ./

My dad had a BL Princess 2200 Special Six when I was a kid. Used to love that car (mainly coz of the noise from the inline 6 :o) cost him 600 quid at an auction....was actually a bag of <deleted> and spent more time in the garage than on the road :D had a cool sunroof though that opened over the back seats so as a kid you could stand on the seat with your head out the roof!

My first car was a Vauxhall Cresta, 1957 model, it was 12 years old when i got it,3spd colunm gear-change,bench seats, 2.2 in-6cyl engine, it was a great luxury car in its day, black with lots of chrome ect, I wrote it off one intriguing night with,, , ,, ,,, leave that one to your imagination!!

Replaced it with a Triumph Herald, 1200cc, talk about falling on your head!! most basic crap car i ever owned!!

My dad had a BL Princess 2200 Special Six when I was a kid. Used to love that car (mainly coz of the noise from the inline 6 :o ) cost him 600 quid at an auction....was actually a bag of <deleted> and spent more time in the garage than on the road :D had a cool sunroof though that opened over the back seats so as a kid you could stand on the seat with your head out the roof!

Do you remember the ad for the last series, the ambassador, a clown came on and walked around the car pointing at the the extras, one was " power window " i found out later he said that with knowledge as only one ever worked ! looking back some of them cars make me laugh, but part of growing up/old i guess, lol

My first car was a Vauxhall Cresta, 1957 model, it was 12 years old when i got it,3spd colunm gear-change,bench seats, 2.2 in-6cyl engine, it was a great luxury car in its day, black with lots of chrome ect, I wrote it off one intriguing night with,, , ,, ,,, leave that one to your imagination!!

Replaced it with a Triumph Herald, 1200cc, talk about falling on your head!! most basic crap car i ever owned!!

Hey, don't knock the Triumph Herald. I learnt to rear wheel steer in one of them. Had a transverse leaf spring at the back which caused the rear wheels to tuck in when the weight was on the front. Take your foot off the throttle going into a bend, watch the back end raise then floor the throttle. Voila, sideways on every bend.

Ok, so the bonnet used to flap around and you had to wear a wooly hat in winter time but it was 30years old by then

I'm not old enough to remember really but me dad had a maxi!

White with brown vynyl seats and roof

mmmmmmmm! tasty motor

Now you are talking, it had seats that converted to a bed ! superb ! could get some kip whilst waiting for the AA ,,lol

I'm sure I've seen a Maxi driving around BKK too......maybe its the same guy who owns the allegro :o

Do you remember the ad for the last series, the ambassador, a clown came on and walked around the car pointing at the the extras, one was " power window " i found out later he said that with knowledge as only one ever worked ! looking back some of them cars make me laugh, but part of growing up/old i guess, lol

Yep our neighbour had one.....enjoyed telling us that it was better than our Princess (my dad knew it was crap, but it was cheap and big) at least they improved the visibility by putting windows in the rear pillars.

Hey, don't knock the Triumph Herald. I learnt to rear wheel steer in one of them. Had a transverse leaf spring at the back which caused the rear wheels to tuck in when the weight was on the front. Take your foot off the throttle going into a bend, watch the back end raise then floor the throttle. Voila, sideways on every bend.

Ok, so the bonnet used to flap around and you had to wear a wooly hat in winter time but it was 30years old by then

That was the sort of thing i used to do in mine, cornering wise, then 1 fateful day the rear spring end eye snapped off , wheel tucked under and it rolled 2 times, glad it was a hardtop, no seat belts in them days, I bought another one and changed the body over, took about a month, thaen it got nicked from our house one night, the bastards brought it back next day, looed like they had stock-car raced it, so that was the end of my Puddle Jumper days! Guess what i replaced it with, 1.3 Morris Marina, daft or what????

Thought British Leyland had the honor of producing gems from the UK. I thank them for making me learn EVERYTHING I know about auto mechanics. Heard a joke that you can always tell a national character by the quallity of auto they make. Some folks claim the English are a nation of tinkerers LOL.

Long live Triumph & MG hehe, but have to admit that the Jensson is a supurb sportster.

I also had a Triumph Herald, I also owned 2 Triumph Vitesse 2.0 Litre after the Herald.

Herald was very ordinary, I did like The Vitesse 2 Litre, I used to race round Dartford with Cortina Gt's. :o

post-4007-1178335211_thumb.jpg

Not my actual Vitesse, but I had this model and colour, nice sounding straight 6 engine.

Edited by Maigo6

Have to agree with you there Maiqo6, the 2.0ltr TC version was a great engine, twin SU carbs if i remember rightly, if everything was set up nicely, on tick-over, it was soo smooth, didnt know it was running!!!