2000 Baht or 2500 Baht overstay fine?

Yes you would be paying 2,500 THB in overstay fines, as well as the 1,900 THB application fee (total 4,400 THB).

It would make little sense to keep letting your overstay days add up if you know you will already be staying here longer than the 5th.

If you are applying for the 60 day visa extension, we actually charge 3,500 THB (includes government fees) for this service (overstay fines not included). But if you are in the Bangkok area we may also be able to pickup your passport for you to avoid additional hassle.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

• 5 months later...

If your extension ends on a day immigration is closed you can go on the first day they are open and not be fined for an overstay.

You do not have to do the extension on the last day. Normally you would lose no days if you do it early since your new extension will start from the day you apply.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Drew3223 said:

Hi,

If the last day of my covid extension is a Saturday when immigration is closed, would I be charged overstay for going in the following Monday to get a further extension?

What is the last day of your Covid extension?

If it's Saturday 1st May, the next day Immigration will be open is Wednesday 5th May.

There is no overstay fine if Immigration offices are closed on the due date.

You still have time to apply for a new Covid extension this week.

30 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

What is the last day of your Covid extension?

If it's Saturday 1st May, the next day Immigration will be open is Wednesday 5th May.

There is no overstay fine if Immigration offices are closed on the due date.

You still have time to apply for a new Covid extension this week.

The last day is in fact May 4th. 

So if I go in May 5th, there is no fine, and the Visa extension if for 60 days from May 5th, not May 4th?

Are you sure immigration is closed on May 4th?

7 minutes ago, Orient Express said:

Just checked my appointment at MTT on 3rd May and it still shows it as valid.

This is Thailand......I wouldn't assume their online appointment system is sophisticated enough to know about holidays.  You may have a valid appointment and show up at immigration and find them closed.

3 hours ago, Drew3223 said:

So if I go in May 5th, there is no fine, and the Visa extension if for 60 days from May 5th, not May 4th?

No fine, because they are closed on 4th, but your extension will be from the expiry date of your current extension.