THAI announce "semi commercial flights" between Europe, Asia, Australia in November and December

webfact

THAI announce "semi commercial flights" between Europe, Asia, Australia in November and December

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

THAI Airways chief executive Wiwat Piyawirot told Daily News Sunday that booking is now open for flights to and from seven destinations in Europe, Australia and other parts of Asia including Japan. 

These are what is known as semi commercial flights and are being used for returnees, people with families in Thailand, businessmen, students and travelers with connecting flights. 

They comprise flights to London, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Taipei and Sydney. 

Return flights are available to London on Sundays in November and December, Frankfurt on Fridays and Copenhagen on Sundays.

Flights to and from Hong Kong are on Wednesdays November 4th and 18th and on Wednesdays in December.

Bangkok to Tokyo (Narita) will be Wednesdays and Saturdays, Tokyo to Bangkok Thursdays and Sundays.

Bangkok - Taipei return will be on Fridays in November and Wednesdays 4th and 18th. Flights on this route in December will be on Fridays the 4th, 11th and 18th and Wednesday 23rd.

Bangkok to Sydney is on Sundays (travelers must inform the Australian embassy in Thailand. Sydney to Bangkok for Thai returnees is on Mondays.

Thaivisa urges all potential travels to check with the airline for confirmation of schedules and conditions. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-02

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, hamleknoi said:

I can confirm that the Aussie flights have been happening for a little while now and allow only 32 passengers to fly back to Australia due to having a limit on the number of returnees to Australia from all over the world.

Regular basis, that is following a schedule. They had repatriation flights, yes, but not regular.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MadMac said:

Regular basis, that is following a schedule. They had repatriation flights, yes, but not regular.

It's every Sunday though. That's a schedule is it not? I mean it's only for aussies, so I assume that it'll remain that way since the govt aren't letting any locals out of the country and aren't accepting any new tourists either. So it's just a repatriation flight both ways essentially.

I can also confirmed that the flights for the 8th and 15th of November are booked out.

3 hours ago, hamleknoi said:

...the govt aren't letting any locals out of the country...

Actually they are and have in fact relaxed the criteria recently such as just stating you will be leaving for at least 3 months (prior you had to have a pressing reason).

Still need to be able to get into your chosen destination country of choice obviously.

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/leaving-australia#toc-2

Edited by Salerno
Added link
  • Like 1

Thai Airways press release is correct.

Stop knitpicking you Thai bashers, ,,,,,,,,,they are trying to help

I confirm yesterday 6th Sunday flight to Sydney at least ,,24,000 + 66,000 Bht for quarantine

The WA Government is yet to approve inbound from Thailand

3 hours ago, jaiyen said:

What about flights to and from Perth, the safest city in Australia and probably the world. 

I guess the flights will be destined to fly where the need for repatriation has the highest need.

Maybe Perth isn't on the radar yet?

So ... you go to Thailand to get quarantined for 2 weeks?
Dont get me wrong, I love Thailand, I miss my girlfriend and used to go every 6 weeks until Covid, but spending 2 weeks alone in quarantine .... no way and why would you as a turist?

People like you keep the world spinning in negativity. Think negative and guess what? Negative things happen. Think positive? and well you wouldn't know but try it you may well be reincarnated ????

Edited by metisdead
Oversized trolling image removed.