Five returnees test positive to Covid-19, death toll rises to 60

webfact

14 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

You say :

" if you are going to post information like this, especially scare-mongering claims like this provide your sources:"

Well , I just read about this when I was posting , I could find and quote my source , but not need to , as you gave a link to an interesting read from the BBC :

---> " Danish authorities found genetic changes they say might undermine the effectiveness of future Covid-19 vaccines.

More than 200 people have been infected with mink-related coronavirus.

Danish scientists are particularly concerned about one mink-related strain of the virus, found in 12 people, which they say is less sensitive to protective antibodies, raising concerns about vaccine development.

Mutations in some mink-related strains involve the spike protein of the virus, which is targeted by some vaccines being developed.

"If the mutation is on a specific protein that is being currently targeted by the vaccine developers to trigger an immune response in humans then it means that if this new virus strain comes out of the mink back into the humans, even with vaccination, the humans will start spreading it and the vaccine will not protect," <----

May be you carefully read the links that you give before you post them ?

You say : > " "The claim that this mutant may be resistant to a vaccine is “idiotic”, he said" ,"

The guy who said this seems to be an idiot himself .

From the same article : ( your first link ) :

---> " The State Serum Institute issued a statement (in Danish) confirming that multiple mutant viruses have been isolated from mink, and that seven of these have mutations in the spike protein, which the virus uses to enter cells and which is important to the immune response and a key target for vaccines.

One of these viruses has four mutations in its spike protein, and in laboratory tests has been found to be more weakly inhibited by antibodies from humans who have been infected with the coronavirus." <---

BtW ;  if you feel ' scare mongered ' by my posts , you are not seeing what is going on ...

You said "The Cluster 5 version seems to be resistant to treatments and vaccines ."  This sweeping statement is in part false and in part  exagerrated so it is scare-mongering! The articles I provided make it clear that It is just "One of these viruses" that "has been found to be more weakly inhibited by antibodies from humans who have been infected with the coronavirus.". So it is not 'resistant' but "less resistant", and to one treatment not all treatments which you claim.

"The claim that this mutant may be resistant to a vaccine is “idiotic”. What he meant by this and should have made more clear is that the claim (which you are making) that this mutant may be resistant to ALL vaccines is idiotic. This is because most if not all viruses mutate and become resistant to existing vaccines so new vaccines must be constantly developed. This is why we get different flue vaccines every year which target the latest virus strains/mutations.

Why dont you provide the link to your 'Cluster 5' article so we can see whether it is the article or yourself that is distorting the truth and scare-mongering?

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1