Foreigner Returning To Thailand Decenber, 2020.

Hi,

I am presently in Kuwait and have just received approval from the local Thai Embassy here to return to Thailand. I submitted marriage certificate, wife's civil ID and my child's birth certificate and assured of a non-o within 5 working days. No problems so far. Then the inevitable speed bumps. The Thai official informed me the quarantine has to be at a government approved facility and quoted prices ranging from 50,000 thb to 220,000 thb!!! I did a little research and found there are Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) and Alternative Local State Quarantine (ALSQ) options. Still costly; the cheapest I have found to date is 27,000 thb. So my questions to the forum -

1 - Has anyone heard anything regarding pricing and or know anyone that has just gone through this process?

2 - Any thoughts from anyone on whether the quarantine period and or conditions might change in the future?

As always we can expect changes, especially with it being Thailand.

I'm thinking /hoping that with tourism (or lack there of) choking Thailand to death the restrictions and hence cost for farangs returning to their lives and families might go down.

Damien.

• Confused 2

Not only is ASQ an option but for you, unless you have Thai citizenship, it is mandatory. If your wife and children are with you, they can go to State QUarantine. 

ASQ Costs are usually in the range of 30k - well over 100k (all inclusive). Plenty of threads on it with reports on specific hotels.

The only talk of shortening quarantine are limited to people on a special tourist visa available only in a few countries with low COVID rates. Coming from Kuwait you are going to need to quarantine for 14 days for the forseeable future.