Sending foodstuffs to UK - is it still allowed ?

Speedo1968

Each year I would send various foodstuffs ( snacks not dried meats etc. ) from Thailand, OTOP / 7/11, to my children in England ( they lived here for a few years ).

For the grandchildren I would include small toys etc.

This time I would like to send some fleece blankets which weigh little but are bulky + a few snacks.

Is it still possible to send food stuffs by post, EMS, or DHL ?   
The latter, DHL, is double the price and goes on a set weight for a box size, snacks etc. are generally low weight but bulky.

Earlier this year I spent some special shampoos and conditioners to one daughter, heavy but worth it based on box size and local cost, compared to non-availability in England or very expensive in England.

2 hours ago, VBF said:

Assuming from your comment that you're not in UK.

For those who are there's https://www.thai-food-online.co.uk/products/thai-tom-yum-broth-cubes-knorr   or https://www.tradewindsorientalshop.co.uk/acatalog/Stock_Cube_Tom_Yum.html

And there are several other if you care to search.

To the OP, not actually answering your question, but when I return from Thailand I always BRING, not send packets of Holy Basil paste, Larb Powder, Ros-Dee etc etc. Probably going to run out some time next year what with not being able to go to Thailand. My point is that most Thai foodstuffs are available in UK but at a price of course.

Thanks for your comments.
My children enjoyed their time living and working here.   One spent time doing her Uni Sociology study work here in a district near Chaing Mai.     Both taught English in Bangkok.

I have worked / lived here for 20 years and visited on business every couple of months for 6 years before that so I am not "new" to sending or taking things food / clothes / trinkets back to the UK.      I did the same when I worked in the Middle East after my children went back to live in UK; every 3 months would take things back for them.    Most of my life since the 60's has been spent in countries other than England, why ? it took years to get an answer from any one company but finally one said I am unemployable there due to my working knowledge of my occupation and was told many times I would get bored - probably true.    Neither of my children were born in the UK due to my work.   My daughters used to visit other countries too, but Covid has put a stop to that.    One daughter visited me during January of this year, what did she have in her suitcase when she returned ?.....    When they were at primary school I used to take back things from Saudi like snakes, snakes eggs, and scorpions etc. as well as food stuffs.

Yes, where they live in England on the South coast there are many good deli shops and even supermarkets ( e.g. Turkish for halva etc. ), but it is the thought that counts not that they may be able to buy in their home town.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thaibeach said:

Should be no problem. I just received a shipment of coffee, soap, etc. from Thailand to Canada by DHL. 

Thanks for that Thaibeach.    I have a friend here who is number 9 in the best coffee roasters club, so coffee sounds like a good idea.

5 hours ago, Speedo1968 said:

Yes, where they live in England on the South coast there are many good deli shops and even supermarkets ( e.g. Turkish for halva etc. ), but it is the thought that counts not that they may be able to buy in their home town.

Well, both the links I quoted are online shops, so doesn't matter where in the UK they are ????

12 hours ago, VBF said:

Well, both the links I quoted are online shops, so doesn't matter where in the UK they are ????

Thanks VBF for the links, the second one looks interesting.   My daughter and her children are vegetarians / vegan but one of the children has a milk allergy.   Will forward the link to my daughter.

• Thanks 1