Serious Flood Hits Hua Hin: Disaster-zone Declaration Is Being Considered

george

Serious flood hits Hua Hin: disaster-zone declaration is being considered

HUA HIN: -- Local administrative leaders asked Prachuap Khiri Khan Prasong Pitoonkijja to declare Hua Hin a disaster zone Thursday's night.

The request came amid worsening floods in the area.

Several spots in Hua Hin, which is located in Prachuap Khiri Khan, were under water. A local bridge was severed.

Floods hit after rain poured down on the area.

-- The Nation 2007-05-03

i AM JUST BACK FROM hh. SERIOUS FLOODING AROUND CENTRAL HH- ABOUT 6-7" MAINLY FROM NIGHT MARKET TO NARESDAMRI RD. TAKING a few hours to drain off but then more storms to refill the roads. Everywhere apsssable. Deeprest is just about over the pavement . Bad but not bad enough to stop people getting about

Serious flood hits Hua Hin: disaster-zone declaration is being considered

HUA HIN: -- Local administrative leaders asked Prachuap Khiri Khan Prasong Pitoonkijja to declare Hua Hin a disaster zone Thursday's night.

The request came amid worsening floods in the area.

Several spots in Hua Hin, which is located in Prachuap Khiri Khan, were under water. A local bridge was severed.

Floods hit after rain poured down on the area.

-- The Nation 2007-05-03

Can anyone tell me if it is safe enough to drive through Prachuap Khiri khan and Hua Hin to BKK. Is Highway 4/41 safe for vehicle? My plan is to drive up next 2 days.

Tks

Cliff

If it's sunny, the media will report a serious drought problem; if it rains, they'll say we're having the worst storm in 46 years with serious flooding. Read the newspapers very critically; remember the guy writing the stories is sitting inside a cubicle bored to tears. That said, it's a beautiful morning in Hua Hin! Come on down!