British consular appointment for marriage

phka

Hi can anyone tell me

After I have completed my affirmation of marital status and forwarded a copy to the British consular online and attend  the  appointment they give me will the British consular affirm it/complete it at that appointment or will I have to return at a later date

Thanks for any help

I did this last month. 

If you have received the Affirmation form from British Consul by email and printed it (assuming you applied online), and booked the online appointment, you only need to visit the Embassy one time.

Here they will double check the details and you will sign and swear. That is it, does not take long. 

By the way, I would recommend to take the additional (paid) option to have certified copy of Passport, unless you are certain the Amphur does not need it. This can be done in same appointment. 

Also suggest you book the Amphur registration in advance if you haven't. We found weeks of waiting, until we decided to use an agent, then we got it done same day we received the Legalised translations back from the Ministry of Foreign affairs. 

Obviously ignore the last 2 paragraphs if you have it all sorted, just trying to save you some stress.. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoryB said:

I did this last month. 

If you have received the Affirmation form from British Consul by email and printed it (assuming you applied online), and booked the online appointment, you only need to visit the Embassy one time.

Here they will double check the details and you will sign and swear. That is it, does not take long. 

By the way, I would recommend to take the additional (paid) option to have certified copy of Passport, unless you are certain the Amphur does not need it. This can be done in same appointment. 

Also suggest you book the Amphur registration in advance if you haven't. We found weeks of waiting, until we decided to use an agent, then we got it done same day we received the Legalised translations back from the Ministry of Foreign affairs. 

Obviously ignore the last 2 paragraphs if you have it all sorted, just trying to save you some stress.. 

Thanks for your help coryB

10 hours ago, CoryB said:

I did this last month. 

Just one other thing do you think it would be possible to apply in person and pay in cash when you apply in person then return after they give you an appointment. 

Reason is I don't like paying using debit/credit cards over the internet

7 hours ago, phka said:

Just one other thing do you think it would be possible to apply in person and pay in cash when you apply in person then return after they give you an appointment. 

Reason is I don't like paying using debit/credit cards over the internet

It might be possible, but I'm not sure. There is a process for applying with a paper form rather than online, but you would need to check the Consular services on the website to see what payment options there are.