Ministries to propose golf club quarantine following demand from foreign players

rooster59

10 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

General question : would the golf resort that quarantine, informed the public (like a notice posted ) that this is alternative quarantine site (ASQ) so just simply closed the resort to the public to enter?

I agree with Jim that it just don’t apply to our favorite course in CM. 

You are tending to give the game away, how many golf courses in CM have residential facilities such as condos attached?

10 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

General question : would the golf resort that quarantine, informed the public (like a notice posted ) that this is alternative quarantine site (ASQ) so just simply closed the resort to the public to enter?

I agree with Jim that it just don’t apply to our favorite course in CM. 

There are courses all over the country which are deserted due to Covid. I presume owners of those courses could take the decision to close the course to the general public to become an ASQ course the same way as hotels have done.

I can think of a few straight off which i play which have hotel and course together. Kuriyama in Khao Yai, Bangkok Golf Club and Riverdale, Amata Springs has empty villas all around the course, i am sure there are many up country which used to get big tour groups which are deathly quiet these days and would appreciate the chance. I expect the ones around major cities would not do it as thye are busy from locals and expats who live here, but up country ones which already tend to have a hotel with the course would seem like a viable choice.

I no for a certainty if i was in ASQ and had the chance to get out and walk 18 holes a day i would far prefer that than being couped up in a hotel in BKK.

• Like 2