Significant differences still remain in EU-UK trade talks

rooster59

3 hours ago, vogie said:

<snip>

It is very apparent why the EU doesn't want to be fair

I asked you previously

19 hours ago, 7by7 said:
On 11/8/2020 at 2:41 AM, vogie said:

Everybody wants a deal, but not necessary on the hog tied terms that are being offered by Mr Barnier.

Please explain in what way the current terms on offer by the EU will 'hog tie' the UK.

and as yet you have been unable to so do.

Can you now explain what is in the EU proposals that you consider to be unfair? 

4 hours ago, vogie said:

Insult me as much as you like, I just don't care. 

Just because Canada does not have a border with the EU doesn't mean that the UK has to accept any old deal that the EU should offer us. It is very apparent why the EU doesn't want to be fair, it is feared that others may not want to be ruled by the authoritive federalistic EU and may have the audacity to want to leave their little power house that is the EU.

All you are doing is forcing the UK to walk away with a no deal and you know as well as I do that all that will achieve is to cripple the already unsteady 27 nations. And whilst both parties will suffer insurmountable job losses etc, I'm afraid for your sake that the long term favours the UK, so you have two choices, either accept that the UK has very much to offer in these negotiations, and accept we want nothing to do with your rules and regulations, also accept what fishing privileges we should offer you, if you cannot accept these simple ideas you are going to be a lot worse off than you already are, because you'll be seeing long benefit queues in Berlin and Bonn and a very long line in the dole queues of Duisburg and Dusseldorf. Bon appetit.

you are far or very far from the truth as I had absolutely no intention of insulting you, if (unfortunately) you felt that way, kindly accept my apologies, we are here to have friendly/funny exchange of ideas which may differ from one another but the last thing one should do is to start insulting anybody on here, again, please, accept my apologies no intention of hurting your feelings in any way shape or form

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you are far or very far from the truth as I had absolutely no intention of insulting you, if (unfortunately) you felt that way, kindly accept my apologies, we are here to have friendly/funny exchange of ideas which may differ from one another but the last thing one should do is to start insulting anybody on here, again, please, accept my apologies no intention of hurting your feelings in any way shape or form

Are you being sarcastic now, if you are being genuinely sincere please accept my interpretation of me taking pills as an insult, and as a matter of course you will be immediately reinstated on my Christmas Card list.????

3 hours ago, vogie said:

Just because Canada does not have a border with the EU doesn't mean that the UK has to accept any old deal that the EU should offer us.

That much is true ... but what follows (probably) isn't ...

3 hours ago, vogie said:

It is very apparent why the EU doesn't want to be fair

It is not " ... very apparent.." because it is not true. Imo the EU will have to move on the fisheries issue and the UK will need to do so on state aid. If the EU is currently 'unfair', then so too is the UK.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

, it is feared that others may not want to be ruled by the authoritive federalistic EU

That there are federalists in the Commission and European Parliament is undeniable; however, imo there appears to be little appetite amongst the 27 member states for greater federalism, and that is what counts. 

3 hours ago, vogie said:

and may have the audacity to want to leave their little power house that is the EU.

Where is evidence that there is a widespread desire amongst the 27 member states to leave the EU?

3 hours ago, vogie said:

All you are doing is forcing the UK to walk away with a no deal and you know as well as I do that all that will achieve is to cripple the already unsteady 27 nations.

How will 'no deal' 'cripple' the EU member states?

Are the EU member states more 'unsteady' than non-EU ones? How so? 

3 hours ago, vogie said:

And whilst both parties will suffer insurmountable job losses etc,

The EU will suffer if there is no deal. Very few pro-EU posters on TVF have said otherwise but "...insurmountable job losses, etc.." as a direct result of it? Where is the evidence to support this over-the-top statement?

3 hours ago, vogie said:

I'm afraid for your sake that the long term favours the UK,

Why? How? If simply leaving the EU paved the way to untold riches, I'd imagine that the organisation would have ceased to exist long ago.

3 hours ago, vogie said:

so you have two choices, either accept that the UK has very much to offer in these negotiations, and accept we want nothing to do with your rules and regulations, also accept what fishing privileges we should offer you,

Take it or leave it? Hardly a negotiation! This conclusion rests on the assumption that the UK holds 'all the cards' in these negotiations. What evidence is there to support that assumption?

3 hours ago, vogie said:

if you cannot accept these simple ideas you are going to be a lot worse off than you already are, because you'll be seeing long benefit queues in Berlin and Bonn and a very long line in the dole queues of Duisburg and Dusseldorf. Bon appetit.

And you complain that the EU is authoritive!

Imo it is almost certain that EU-UK trade will suffer at the end of the transition period no matter what deal is now struck, but "..long benefit/ dole queues..." in Germany as a direct result of it? Hmm? Imo doubtful.

And even if you are correct that 'no deal' will bring economic carnage, who will suffer the most? Is your implied 'They need us, more than we need them' argument borne out by the facts? "Germany is the UK's second largest export market for goods and services and second largest trading partner, accounting for more than 10.2 % of all UK trade in 2019 (ONS, 2019)". Maybe those dole queues will be replicated in the UK? 

As you say yourself, your post contains 'ideas' but - as ever - you provide no evidence to support your point of view.

I'm afraid that - once again -  it is just empty rhetoric, very reminiscent of the man you seem to admire.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Are you being sarcastic now, if you are being genuinely sincere please accept my interpretation of me taking pills as an insult, and as a matter of course you will be immediately reinstated on my Christmas Card list.????

absolutely not sarcastic at all,  I am being very honest and the joke about the use of pills is used as a metaphor as I could have said same thing using a drink as a metaphor as well, Vogie, I will never insult you or anybody else on an open forum and not knowing you personally it would be out of context to insult, I am an educated person and felt sorry that you took my comment as an insult.... now on a different topic and since you mention it, would expect the Xmas card, have a good evening

Edited by Mavideol

18 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

absolutely not sarcastic at all,  I am being very honest and the joke about the use of pills is used as a metaphor as I could have said same thing using a drink as a metaphor as well, Vogie, I will never insult you or anybody else on an open forum and not knowing you personally it would be out of context to insult, I am an educated person and felt sorry that you took my comment as an insult.... now on a different topic and since you mention it, would expect the Xmas card, have a good evening

I feel awfull now.????????????