Phuket Immigration - applying for 60 day COVID extension

There's been practically no mention of Phuket Immigration in this forum. I've never been to Phuket Immigration before so assuming no news is good news. Planning to go later this week to apply for 60-day extension based on COVID. Currently on visa exempt permitted to stay till Nov 30 from MTT.

Correct me if I'm wrong, for Phuket I/O:

Appointment needed - No

Paperwork required - TM7 to fill out + whatever forms/affidavits they give you. Copies of personal data page of passport, entry stamp, current permission to stay stamp, TM6, photos.
TM30 - Hotel has/should have filed report for me so no need to do anything? Do I need some evidence from the hotel?

Embassy letter - not needed. Is the old one any good? I got one dated Sep 23, already used in extension to Nov 30.

Fee - 1900B
Office hours - 8:30 - 4pm with lunch break? Will be going to main office in Phuket Town.

Anything else I should know about Phuket Immigration?

Many thanks in advance!

• Thanks 1

phuket Immigration Lunch Break is 12.00 to 13.00

Did my retirement visa extension yesterday took all of 10 minutes. Collected passport today and did multi entry which took 5 minutes. 

Virtually nobody there, no queues and officers are extremely friendly and helpful...just like the 'good old days' 10 years ago!

• Thanks 1

So we went there today to apply for the 60-day covid extension.

The gentleman at the info counter advised us to come back in the last week of november because, if we had applied today we would have "lost two weeks". He said that we would then receive an under consideration stamp to come back after seven days to get the 60 day extension.

He also mentioned that it is very important that our host registered us in the TM30 database.

To me it sounded like getting the extension should not be a big problem.

The required documents are as stated by OP plus an affidavit that you get at the immigration office.

• Thanks 1

I did it for my parents 2 weeks ago... Everything you noted is correct, just make sure you come early in the morning, no need embassy letter, and double check with your hotel or host if they filed TM30 and print that screenshot if possible... (and yes, apply at the end of the month)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FizziBublech said:

So we went there today to apply for the 60-day covid extension.

The gentleman at the info counter advised us to come back in the last week of november because, if we had applied today we would have "lost two weeks". He said that we would then receive an under consideration stamp to come back after seven days to get the 60 day extension.

He also mentioned that it is very important that our host registered us in the TM30 database.

To me it sounded like getting the extension should not be a big problem.

The required documents are as stated by OP plus an affidavit that you get at the immigration office.

Thanks for the report @FizziBublech! In which case no point going tomorrow. Will wait till the last week of November.