Cockroaches - do I have the solution ?

OneeyedJohn

I always made a poison buffet for them with every poison you can buy in the supermarket. But the best result I got with the most expensive one - from Bayer. This removed them completely. Useless are the glue traps. Sadly often Geckos ended there and therefore I stopped using them. It is impossible to get rid of cockroaches with them. You can control with some luck if there are still some left. 

download.jpeg

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In my experience that is the only poison that works.

It's also available in FoodLand

3934cf16f854ff10b857b75c517b0d57

Absolutely works. A bit expensive but you only use a few drops at a time. After trying the boric acid thing with dubious results I used this stuff. Ants were gone in days. Don't know at all about roaches though.

Tremendous and can buy on Lazada. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Absolutely works. A bit expensive but you only use a few drops at a time. After trying the boric acid thing with dubious results I used this stuff. Ants were gone in days. Don't know at all about roaches though.

Tremendous and can buy on Lazada. 

There is one version for cockroaches and another on for ants (with clear pictures on the cover).

I only use the cockroach version and that works great within hours.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jaideedave said:

I had them coming up a shower drain after heavy rainfalls.I tried using the 'Duck' brand toilet cleaner. (the purple bottle) is the strongest.Poured some of that down the same drain and voila roaches are gone.

Of course I flushed the system with plain water later.

I USE haiter bleach, put down shower drains

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jaideedave said:

I had them coming up a shower drain after heavy rainfalls.I tried using the 'Duck' brand toilet cleaner. (the purple bottle) is the strongest.Poured some of that down the same drain and voila roaches are gone.

Of course I flushed the system with plain water later.

I just use the Thai one before I leave on holidays and first thing when back the secondary drain behind toilet has more if the lil things 

11 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

I only had them come up in the bathroom.  I found that a little talcum powder around the room corners did the trick.They were always tits up in the morning and never made it into the house. Best by far is an elevated home like I have now. Have not seen one since living on stilts. Flies and mozzies are also rare after going 3 meters up.

I lived on 8 th floor in Korat that didn’t stop them thx god screens on windows 

Positive news, I was cooking lunch and suddenly saw a fully grown cockroach on the floor in front of the cooker, so I kicked it outside whereupon it regained its feet and ran away before I could stamp it to death.

Was sure it was dead but it had me fooled, it will be dead soon I am sure as there is no antidote for Boric acid.

A lunchtime attempted murder, give me more of that.

Nightime will be hell.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

More positive news, I have now discovered at least 4 dead cockroaches in my kitchen, the sink, and the floor. in the daytime, and they looked a little lacking, like a stomach for example. My wife is less than scrupulous about leaving dirty plates out overnight, but nonetheless I am encouraged.

Normally , as I am the first to wake up, the kitchen sinks will have at least 1 or 2 of the little <deleted>**ers running around, which I squash. But now I think I am reaching a permanent solution, everyone's desire.

Edited by OneeyedJohn

• 11 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 8:20 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

Where are you guys buying boric acid.. Can't seem to locate any

Do you need it actually? It's very toxic as far as I know. Take a look at Raid's products(like this). It's very effective and you can find it in all of 7eleven and FamilyMart shops

• Thanks 1

That was one surprising thing I discovered about moving to a rural village from Bangkok. Not seen a single cockroach dead or alive in 6 years !

A hell of a lot more jing joks and 10 grades of ants but no roaches which is good because I loath them.

Plenty of home made roach traps on youtube. I've tried them and they are simple and work.

Example :

Edited by Denim

• 2 months later...

It's wise to avoid all pesticides and toxic chemicals.

Encourage Bats to roost in your garden by hanging bat-boxes.

Pyrethroid based products illustrated here are toxic to pets, amphibians and fish.

Chucks and kittens will polish off sedentary cockroaches, and bats will scoop them out of the air.

Boiling water fixes ant nests, and keeping the indoors clean works for most of us.

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Mix boric acid powder with fine castor sugar and distribute as fine layer over the CR walk. It sticks to them and kills them when they  groom.

Baking powder works the same way...

There is also a minute bone preparation  that cuts them up and is non toxic

Bone?  There is Diatomaceous Earth, which is like the "bones" of Diatoms, composed mostly of silica.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous_earth

image.png.a1ee9fd9352968f035f3df8ce61f3203.png  image.png.de8cdc82a925f8fb741829b346e95c3a.png

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 8:20 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

Where are you guys buying boric acid.. Can't seem to locate any

Boric acid is H3BO3. Borax is sodium tetraborate, Na2(B4O5(OH)4).8H2O.

It does not matter which form it is in, it's the boron which is toxic to insects.

• 5 months later...