Cockroaches - do I have the solution ?

OneeyedJohn

You can buy a cockroach killer in the supermarkets. Looks like a  2 inch red disc can't remember the name.

Borax powder. Or is it  Boric acid?  works great for ants. I mix it with sugar, honey and a little water and leave it  in bottle caps around the house. The  ants  take it back to their nest and  after  four  days, no more ants.

Can order on line from Chemipan.

• Haha 1

I had them coming up a shower drain after heavy rainfalls.I tried using the 'Duck' brand toilet cleaner. (the purple bottle) is the strongest.Poured some of that down the same drain and voila roaches are gone.

Of course I flushed the system with plain water later.

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Where are you guys buying boric acid.. Can't seem to locate any

Can buy Borax online from Chemipan.  https://www.chemipan.com/a/en-gb/

Here you go:  https://www.chemipan.com/a/en-gb/279-product/389-general-chemicals/1051-boric-acid-1kg-m.html

Edited by phetphet
Added info.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, OneeyedJohn said:

Just bought some Boric acid in granular form, am going to make marble sized balls tomorrow with flour sugar and water, and place them around the kitchen and in the big tupperware drawers.

I am hopeful of good results after one month.

Exploding cockroach stomachs sounds tremendous.

how you know the critters will eat whats on the menu ???

I only had them come up in the bathroom.  I found that a little talcum powder around the room corners did the trick.They were always tits up in the morning and never made it into the house. Best by far is an elevated home like I have now. Have not seen one since living on stilts. Flies and mozzies are also rare after going 3 meters up.

• Like 2

I get Borax at Lazada, use for dirty clothes, spray in yard as well for aphids, just a couple tablespoons to 12 liters of water. In a pump sprayer.. Borax and sugar water in bottle caps really work well for ants from what we have seen here. tablespoon borax, tablespoon sugar and enough water to make it liquid. The real small crazy ants love the stuff, then day later they gone..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

You can buy a cockroach killer in the supermarkets. Looks like a  2 inch red disc can't remember the name.

Borax powder. Or is it  Boric acid?  works great for ants. I mix it with sugar, honey and a little water and leave it  in bottle caps around the house. The  ants  take it back to their nest and  after  four  days, no more ants.

Can order on line from Chemipan.

Can one get Borax in Thailand? Also good herbicide.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cooked said:

You guys are obsessed with Borax, which is highly poisonous and was used to kill somebody's husband a few years ago, which is why it is difficult to find.

GO TO BigC or Makro and BUY Chaindrite in an orange plastic bag, contains permethrin. A little sprinkled about will get rid of ants, cockroaches, scorpions, ticks. No fiddling about with sugar and flour. ants.thumb.JPG.ffb8943bcdd2d0f3cf74b8329d0c266f.JPG

The aerosol version is excellent as well, I buy the can with the thin tube for dispensing in  cracks & crevices, usually kills roaches in seconds, highly recommended.

Edited by Golden Triangle
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, cooked said:

You guys are obsessed with Borax, which is highly poisonous and was used to kill somebody's husband a few years ago, which is why it is difficult to find.

GO TO BigC or Makro and BUY Chaindrite in an orange plastic bag, contains permethrin. A little sprinkled about will get rid of ants, cockroaches, scorpions, ticks. No fiddling about with sugar and flour. ants.thumb.JPG.ffb8943bcdd2d0f3cf74b8329d0c266f.JPG

yes for sure this one is not dangerous...

6 hours ago, cooked said:

Tons of boric and borax are used for treating rubberwood in Thailand each year. Class 4 chemical which is low risk for importation. Young children more risky than adults. I import tons each year.