Internet: Is True's hardline grid at all connected to it's mobile grid?

Hal65

I have True fiber (internet) and AIS data (1mbps). The AIS data connection is not sufficient for video calls but is good for most other things.

I am thinking of getting True mobile so I can purchase one day plans when the hard line connection goes down.

My question is, if the hardline goes down, is the mobile data connection also likely to be affected?

PS: DTAC, 3BB and the others are undesirable for other reasons

The two systems are usually well segregated out of necessity (driven by equipment provisioning, user location tracking and resource billing operational edicts), but the two *may* share some trunk or back-haul data transport pipes back to the NOC. But beyond that potential sharing the two are typically treated as almost different companies with separate infrastructure (even if TrueInternet, for example, bundles TrueMove SIM Card service with their Internet/TV package). It's confusing, but individual.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hal65 said:

I have True fiber (internet) and AIS data (1mbps). The AIS data connection is not sufficient for video calls but is good for most other things.

I am thinking of getting True mobile so I can purchase one day plans when the hard line connection goes down.

My question is, if the hardline goes down, is the mobile data connection also likely to be affected?

PS: DTAC, 3BB and the others are undesirable for other reasons

Something doesn't quite make sense in your statement.

So I'll ask the obvious...is your AIS SIM 1 Mbps because you purchased the AIS 1 Mbps Marathon package?

If so, simply add a data pack to that and test the speed. *777*70# and then the Dial key, will give you 100 MB of data over 24hrs for 9.63 baht. So apply it and then run a speed test. If the speed is adequate for your needs, then you can simply add a pack to the AIS SIM when the True terrestrial connection is down or when you are out and about. Likely no need to buy another SIM.

• Like 1

I have the AIS 1 year for 1800 thb, 1mbps fixed speed plan.

I could do what you said. it is what i do now actually. but I would prefer a 2nd SIM card from another carrier like true for two reasons.

1. When the power goes out I notice AIS data also goes out sometimes. So having true data would be one extra option.

2. It would be nice to have a dedicated SIM card to keep in a SIM router. The advantage there is slightly stronger signal, and more importantly a hardline ethernet connection which benefits my use case.