Trump files new election challenge, Georgia announces recount

webfact

11 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Funny how only the Presidential votes are under such scrutiny. What about the House and Senate races? Basically, the MAGA team is stating that there was voter fraud/manipulation for just the Presidential ticket but these fraudsters were not smart enough to fake/manipulate votes for down ballot democrats. Yeah, right that make sense. Not.

I'm going to be stealing that point you raised and using it elsewhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Did Stacey Abrams ever concede the Georgia governors race...or is she still claiming to have won the 2018 election? Sounds pretty Trump to me...but if you're a Democrat you get media and social praise for being a bad loser.

Why Stacey Abrams Is Still Saying She Won https://nyti.ms/2GPzF4l

Stacey Abrams’ False Claims About Election Integrity 

https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/stacey-abrams-false-claims-about-election-integrity

In a much closer race than is the case here, she publicly acknowledged her opponent as the victor, ceased pursuing legal challenges and allowed the process to proceed, about two weeks after the election via her speech on Nov. 16, 2018.

https://qz.com/1468560/read-stacey-abrams-full-concession-speech/

I acknowledge that former Secretary of State Brian Kemp will be certified as the victor in the 2018 gubernatorial election.

Concession means to acknowledge an action is right, true or proper. As a woman of conscience and faith, I cannot concede. But my assessment is that the law currently allows no further viable remedy.

Now, I could certainly bring a new case to keep this one contest alive, but I don’t want to hold public office if I need to scheme my way into the post. Because the title of Governor isn’t nearly as important as our shared title. Voters.

When's Trump going to man up, given that he's much farther behind in most of the remaining at issue states where Biden is leading and has been called as victor?

Security officials say the US will be a 'crippled world power' until Biden takes over and fear Trump will declassify intelligence that will help Putin

I'm afraid that train has left the station. I'm sure he's already handed his boss in Moscow all the info he was told to deliver. 

Edited by Phoenix Rising
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Don't understand the dems resistance to making sure the count is right. What are they afraid of?

I don't think there is much resistance to recount.  But past recounts have resulted in changes in state vote totals on the order of hundreds of votes.  Not nearly enough to change results in the disputed states.  But count away, nobody minds.

Looks like the Arizona election result will be universally called for Biden. The Decision Desk just called it for Biden.

Biden is on the cusp of securing Arizona’s 11 electoral votes

Trump narrowed Biden’s lead to about 11,600, but he’ll need to secure 74% of nearly 25,000 votes left uncounted to secure the state’s 11 electoral votes.

Several news outlets already proclaimed Biden the winner in Arizona, including Decision Desk who called the race tonight in favor of the Democrat. 

Arizona’s recount law is specific. It gets automatically triggered if Trump pulls within 200 votes. There is no other path to a recount in the state.

Even Arizona's Republican AG stated the race is basically over in Biden's favor. The article below is from about a day earlier so that is why the vote count is different than from the above quote. As you can see, the percentages just keep getting worse and worse for Donald.

Arizona Republican AG: ‘Biden will win Arizona,’ claims of fraud not ‘reality’

Arizona’s Republican attorney general on Wednesday said it’s highly unlikely that President Trump will win the state over Joe Biden, as he dismissed unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election.

Mark Brnovich noted that Trump would need to be named on at least 65 percent of the 50,000 ballots left to count in Arizona in order to catch up and exceed the president-elect’s final vote count, deeming that this was statistically “very, highly unlikely to happen.”

Edited by Silurian
  • Like 2