90 days address report problem in a new province if TM-30 was not submitted by owner?

I've moved to a new province. Paid all bills, canceled rent contract in old province and moved to new rented apartment in new province. Soon my 90 days address report is due.

My last change of visa class and permission of stay extension was in yet another province, in Bangkok (Immigration Division 1).

The owner of my new apartment said would to do the TM-30 reporting and send me the receipt. However, the owner hasn't sent me the receipt yet. There's a chance the owner actually didn't do the TM-30 reporting.

Online reporting doesn't work for me. (Firefox, Chrome, Android app) (Android app more verbose what it wants. First saying "can't find arrival". Interestingly setting date of arrival of the date of change of visa class was progress but no solution. Now saying "Online application must be submitted within 15 days and not 7 days before due date (see example). Otherwise, you can go contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area." But I am fair within these dates now.)

Questions.

1) Reporting 90-days in another province shouldn't be a problem?

2) If the owner didn't do TM-30, that's not a problem for my 90 address report either?

When you move to  a new province you must report to your new Immigration office within 7 days. They want to see you in person the first time.  In addition to your passport, take copies of your landlord's house registration and ID card and your rental contract.  No need for your landlord to do anything, beyond providing you the copies.  When you are there, Immigration will start a new 90 day cycle for you, and give you a slip telling you when to report back.

I have done 3 interprovincial moves, and the above procedure applied to all of them.  If you give your new province, someone there might advise if the TM-30 is required there.  If the landlord refuses to co-operate, advise Immigration of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have a rental contract you are officially the "possessor" of the dwelling. You can file the TM30 yourself. I have done it several times. 

This is why the rule specifically refers to the "possessor" instead of the owner. I think UbonJoe has verified this as well. 

I don't have the link but this issue has been explored in depth on TVF. Do a search. 

each immigration is different, so ASK

for phuket you need provide

Rental contract, copy owners id card, ( signed) copy taam bien baan ( signed),  POA signed 

Plus all ur passport copies

Plus its 24 hours, NOT 7 days on arrival, but as they really have no idea when u arrived ( i did mine 2 weeks ago,  4 months after i moved)  its not a big deal

To do a 90 day report they look for ur TM 30 in ur passport

Fine for late 90 day is 2,000 baht ( or in Phuket 1,000 baht...no receipt)

Edited by zzzzz

On 11/12/2020 at 1:44 PM, pbrock said:

Questions.

1) Reporting 90-days in another province shouldn't be a problem?

2) If the owner didn't do TM-30, that's not a problem for my 90 address report either?

1 - If you didn't inform IO that you relocated, you can still do your 90-day report as if you are staying at your previous address.  That would be easy to do if you did that 90-day report on-line.  It is the IO of the province where your official address for Immigration purposes is located, that has to approve your 90-day report.  If you cannot do it on-line, that would mean you would have to go in person to the IO of the province where you previously had your address.  Obviously that would not be convenient, so far better to simply go to the IO of the province where your current address is, to inform them that you relocated there.

2 - Informing IO that you relocated has to be done in person at the IO.

@allane did provide you with a good overview of the steps to be taken.

But as TiT the process for informing IO that you relocated can differ per province.  Most IOs will accept a TM-30 and will want to see a copy of the house-book registration, an a signed copy of the ID-card of the landlord, and your rental contract, as well as your passport.  Some might want a TM-27 or TM-28 for the relocation, but basically the same documents are required.

Since the 90-day report is simply a confirmation that you are still staying at the official address you provided IO (using that TM-30), the relocation procedure must be done first as IO will check whether the data on your 90-day report match with the actual documents they have on file from your TM-30 (hence the reason that you need to do that TM-30 relocation in person).

In my case, lucky. Owner did TM-30 report on time indeed. No cheating. Interestingly before I could do 90 days address report, immigration gave me the TM-30 sheet to be stapled into my passport (free, no complaints, no fine). Meaning, the TM-30 report was already done but I had only the online screenshot from the owner (late). No actual paper recipient. Once I got that TM-30 paper sheet I could go to another counter to do 90 days report (free, no complaints, no fine).

Please help me to explore the worst case. Suppose the following theoretic case.

Let's say it's airbnb, rent at least 1 month or longer (to make it legal). Owner says, "yes, I will do TM-30 for you". But then owner actually doesn't do TM-30. Ask the owner, "I need rental contract, copy owners id card (signed), copy taam bien baan (signed),  POA signed". Owner replies, "No. Do not worry. I will do it for you." Let's call such an owner a non-cooperating owner. All one would have at best in such as situation would be a printout from the airbnb booking.

I can foresee such situations. Realistic chance. Unfortunately.

How to play this compliant? How to play this safe? How to prepare for this worst case?

I guess the safest would be to go to immigration within 24 hours of moving to a new apartment and ask if TM-30 was done and if they could kindly provide the TM-30 recipient of notification? If they give it, great. Owner didn't cheat and actually report. If owner failed to report, tell them "owner doesn't cooperate". Would that be the safe way?

7 hours ago, pbrock said:

In my case, lucky. Owner did TM-30 report on time indeed. No cheating. Interestingly before I could do 90 days address report, immigration gave me the TM-30 sheet to be stapled into my passport (free, no complaints, no fine). Meaning, the TM-30 report was already done but I had only the online screenshot from the owner (late). No actual paper recipient. Once I got that TM-30 paper sheet I could go to another counter to do 90 days report (free, no complaints, no fine).

Please help me to explore the worst case. Suppose the following theoretic case.

Let's say it's airbnb, rent at least 1 month or longer (to make it legal). Owner says, "yes, I will do TM-30 for you". But then owner actually doesn't do TM-30. Ask the owner, "I need rental contract, copy owners id card (signed), copy taam bien baan (signed),  POA signed". Owner replies, "No. Do not worry. I will do it for you." Let's call such an owner a non-cooperating owner. All one would have at best in such as situation would be a printout from the airbnb booking.

I can foresee such situations. Realistic chance. Unfortunately.

How to play this compliant? How to play this safe? How to prepare for this worst case?

I guess the safest would be to go to immigration within 24 hours of moving to a new apartment and ask if TM-30 was done and if they could kindly provide the TM-30 recipient of notification? If they give it, great. Owner didn't cheat and actually report. If owner failed to report, tell them "owner doesn't cooperate". Would that be the safe way?

When you have an un-cooperative landlord that is not willing to file the TM-30 to notify that a foreigner is staying at this premises, you can also file the TM-30 as tenant of the premises where you are staying (that would be in the capacity as 'possessor'). 

You would need a copy of the rental agreement (for the address confirmation) and your passport to do that.  Norrmally that should be sufficient, but if IO also wants a signed copy of front/back of your landlord's ID and a copy of the house-book, and your landlord refused to provide you with these documents you have no choice but to explain his unwillingness to IO.  That might result in IO contacting him and provide him with a fine (obviously the landlord will not be pleased, but that's none of your fault then). 

When the Imm officer handling your TM-30 notification wants to fine you for your landlord's unwillingness to provide you with the required documents to notify IO, you should ask to talk to the officer in charge who would normally be open for reason in such case.

• Like 1