Abhisit warns of worsening crisis unless Parliament okays charter change

rooster59

Mark is a rather sad figure, he didn't do much good through his career if you ask me. This whole dino gathering to talk with more dinos, which is just delaying the 'he'll no, we stole power and ain't gonna give it up' from the senators and former NCPO . Waste of time. And mean while the people suffer the consequences of elites holding on to power.

2 hours ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Chinese controlled place ?    Ha ha..... I'm in Taiwan at the moment..... China's just been told, one more Jet over Taiwan and we'll shoot it down !      Chinese controlled ?    

Good luck with that threat Taiwan. 

A post with insulting comments toward another member and the replies have been removed.

A post using a racist trolling comment has been removed.

Posts with content in violation of the following forum rule have been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

Democracy is really the illusion of choice, as those with the money finance the elections and run the media, democracy is for sale to the highest bidder. What makes a country work is that the rich aren't too greedy and leave some scraps for the rest.

Of course a dictatorship is hardly desirable, but democracy can only work if the money peddling influence is removed. Then it unfortunately becomes a bidding war for which side will hand out the most freebies.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Enoon said:

The "history" is not one of Democracy.

It is one of attempts at Democracy.

The attempts always manipulated, undermined, truncated or thwarted by that faction that has never wanted it.

There is only one way to deal with a situation like that in order for Democracy to finally prevail.

Quite likely the growing, newer generations of people who want it have not yet grasped what really has to be done........but they will.

They will quite likely be reluctant to do it, but, once "baptised"......... they will.

There is no civil solution.......there rarely has been in similar such "historic" circumstances.

That's a good call the kind I was seeking but just got confused and sad reaction but no solution. 

All I would say further I hope civil- war doesn't break out,  it would be exactly what the extremist in South would like. 

On 11/14/2020 at 7:57 AM, rooster59 said:

Abhisit criticised the junta-drafted 2017 Constitution for suppressing democracy

‘Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…’

Winston S Churchill, 11 November 1947