Fair or unfair?

Formaleins

I can't believe all the people who that think its normal and ok for this couple to come every  night.  If this is supposed to be normal family activity  in Thailand  then Why not  tell the wife to get the ingredients mobile and take your tank of gas to  cook breakfast at 6 am at their house. Play loud music too.   Do this for a week should do it.   Ask if they need you to buy them a tank of propane every month.  But tell  them from now on you will pick 1 day a week and they must bring enough food.   You  provide and cook one week they cook next week. 

On 11/14/2020 at 4:13 PM, Formaleins said:

It is the give an inch take a mile! Would you do it? Seriously, would you turn up at your mothers house every night, with your wife and expect your mother to cook for a 40 year old couple at your expense?  whilst trying to support your own family? Feeding 5? Sorry but I am not some food Charity!

it’s gas, electric and spices? And one meal. It strikes me that you just don’t want them coming round because the “cost” doesn’t amount to much ... Thai food is quickly made? Two people? If money is very tight I understand. 

18 hours ago, cucme said:

Are you of Scottish decent?

If you like em, let em. If you don't like em, tell em you prefer to be on your own.

It’s descent ... and stop peddling myths. Scots are just as daft with their money as every other foreigner in Thailand. 

in Th

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Slop? This is what my GF cooks for me - omelet, kaow pat goong, pad pat ruam with fish, mussuman curry.

Perhaps a spot of training is in order, or don't you know how to cook for yourself?

IMG20200613090431.jpg

IMG20200612191834.jpg

IMG20200522193533.jpg

IMG20200530123422.jpg

5555555. Be careful with your photos, gambling is illegal here. lol 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

Agree with the first part. One thing I admire about the Thai people is their generosity - especially when it comes to food. It was difficult to adapt to at first because coming from the west where "my food is mine and yours is yours", the idea of freely sharing food is an adjustment. And people always contribute when they can. If they cannot, give generously, without conditions.

Exactly, e.g. yesterday I went for my monthly barber visit. The family of the barber was sitting outside in front of the shop eating and drinking. Since the shop was crowded, I joined them outside and they shared their whisky ( Thai rum ) with me..... So NO complaining from me.....   

• Like 1

On 11/14/2020 at 9:13 PM, Formaleins said:

It is the give an inch take a mile!

yep  and  whatever  you  give  they  always  want  more, let  my old staff use the pick  up  occasionally ( once a month) to go see their  mother 40  miles  away until it started becoming once a  week and then once a  day started to run  the kid to school who had previously  gone on a motorbike. Got rid end of problem.............yeah they said I worked them to hard!   boo  hoo and good riddance.

There are farangs buying and distributing food to Thai people. They dont know them, they help out.

Maybe that son has problems, maybe due to covid, less income.

You didnt talk with the wife about how, what or why? You dont know the reason?

Are you afraid to talk with the wife about this?  Get some balls then and first try to have conversation with the wife.

Guess daughter in law will help mom with dishes and or making food? They bring some meat for the food, to contribute maybe as far as they can?

Weird, you have to ask strangers in a forum about this in a stupid way, only concerned about some gas, oil , spices and your son (as then it is ok).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why not buy them a stove, these things are nearly for free. Add a one time package from Tesco with it and they get the message. But I think i know what the OP means, this is the type that keeps making new mistakes and do buy lottery tickets and beers but can't pay for a 300B tank of gas.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 11/15/2020 at 1:53 PM, Odysseus123 said:

Nope Formaleins is not a troll..he might be one very angry gnome tho!

I love this "let's go to Thailand and hand over the money/goods to the spongers-it's their culture!

It is so rib ticklingly humorous-rather like being a cargo cult worshipper and having the can of spam land on your head from on high.

The OP certainly needs to draw a line but it is best to so in a calm way and without the flintlock musket loaded and cocked by his side.

Most Thai I meet in OZ are total tightwads who would never-repeat never-hand over gratuitous money/goods/food to Australians or their families.Buuuuut...they certainly expected me to do so in Thailand.Glad that's gone...

It depends on the Thai people. They are not all the same. 

But if you meet your issan “girlfriend” in a hooker bar, then yes that is part of the deal. 

From what I have noticed it the southern four provinces of Issan that border Cambodia that have this attitude the most.

Surin, Buriram, Sri Saket and Ubon. Shameless and relentless. Have seen it so many times I avoid Thais from that zone.