High season? What high season? Thai tourism has a gap year.

webfact

1 hour ago, SiSePuede419 said:

If you want "high season" legalize ganja using the "coffeeshop" Amsterdam model. 

Tourists from uptight European countries* will FLOOD into Thailand. ✔️

*Countries that aren't as advanced as America ????????

As per the first two items, complete and utter nonsense.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, P100 said:

Restrictions get added because the good idea is a show-only for the public, they don.'t really mean it or want it and they wilfully kill it by adding endless and outragious restrictions. Thai standard since many years, only show, no substance.

Maybe at first they did want to ket dirty foriegn people back.  But then the hiso influence as well as low public opinion on any chance of a 2nd wave squashed that.  Since hts just been "look busy troops!"

41 minutes ago, mstevens said:

Actually, I disagree with this. While a lot of people have lost their job, most have not. Even if it was say as many as 10% of people who have lost their job, that's still 90% of people who had employment before Covid, still have employment now.

I can only talk for my country and my group of friends, but everyone I know is gagging to get back to Thailand. They've had enough of not being able to travel and the warm weather and the party atmosphere of Thailand is a strong lure. Surveys here show that as soon as people can travel international, they will. There is a lot of pent up demand!

party atmosphere of Thailand that sounds like Covid19 spreaders no mask and no social distancing The sort of people that any country doesn't want at the moment

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I would have thought it's your choice where you go in Thailand, who is twisting your arm to be on Soi 6?

it must have bothered you that my post shed light on the current reality. all posts are personal opinions and you are also entitled to yours, however it won't change some of the facts... and dangers that are clear and present

Edited by pattayadude
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

12,000 Visa fee

45,000 Hotel bill

=$2000 USD for 2 week locked in moldy, concrete box.

that would be the first problem.

uhmmm..Not that it would make a dent on this great once in a lifetime 2-week travel package but just curious...is breakfast included?:cheesy:

Edited by pattayadude
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The US is on the verge of more lockdowns as the Covid infection numbers are blowing up.  California is close to shutting completely while a few States have already closed to travelers from certain other States.  Talking with my family they say that unless there are some logical rules and regulations put in place that it may never end as it keeps recycling with the weather now getting cold again.

Confirmed as Im stuck here in this burning dumpster fire...just trying to get to jan 20..when the responsible parents return and eject the crazy uncle...as he tweets to his tin foil covidiots.....and hides behind his wall

• Like 1

Easy for hotel chains and tourism operators to say drop 14 day quarantine and the other restrictive compliances the Thai Government have insisted on...but until these 'magic vaccines 'are fully readily available to EVERYONE(not just the wealthy)things can't possibly just be switched on again like nothings happened.Let's take  South Australia for example...patting themselves  on the back after 6 months with no Covid cases. Then last Friday..Booomm!Just one returned traveler infects one cleaner and now they have closed the whole state of 2 million down as they say this strain of Covid has a 4-24 hour incubation timeframe and is a lethal strain not seen there before!Go early and you risk a massive outbreak if this virus gets out!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

Confirmed as Im stuck here in this burning dumpster fire...just trying to get to jan 20..when the responsible parents return and eject the crazy uncle...as he tweets to his tin foil covidiots.....and hides behind his wall

The new crown prince of the US and his staff will take the initiative and lock down the US for a 3 week period in order to try and eradicate Covid-19. However, when they do I fear a major revolt will occur unless they can candy coat it with lucrative incentives to make it palatable to all the "What about my personal freedoms and rights people"  

Time to hang on for another wild ride.

P.S.

Are not those who are Covid Asymptomatic, much like the people who are Flu Asymptomatics and spread that virus as well.  I know Covid is inherently more dangerous but there needs to be a universal consensus on how to handle it instead of the universal debacle that has occurred and the name calling and blaming.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Why is high season even being discuss! The world is in a pandemic and Thailand is talking about a season that they failed to realize, once never was, is here again.

What was this country  doing before they became the Asia devious and mischief hub sanctuary? This is why the people want change. This is why the baht is strong, but a little to late. Sell your debts to China for high season.  

They are your savior ????????????????????????????

On 11/18/2020 at 8:04 AM, Mike k said:

This govt claims to be elected just ask payute 

SOE now extended until mis January 2021. How convenient.  To enforce quarantine and suppress protests.  Military generals love the money flowing into hidden bank accounts.  

• Like 2

On 11/18/2020 at 3:55 PM, sydneyjed said:

Easy for hotel chains and tourism operators to say drop 14 day quarantine and the other restrictive compliances the Thai Government have insisted on...but until these 'magic vaccines 'are fully readily available to EVERYONE(not just the wealthy)things can't possibly just be switched on again like nothings happened.Let's take  South Australia for example...patting themselves  on the back after 6 months with no Covid cases. Then last Friday..Booomm!Just one returned traveler infects one cleaner and now they have closed the whole state of 2 million down as they say this strain of Covid has a 4-24 hour incubation timeframe and is a lethal strain not seen there before!Go early and you risk a massive outbreak if this virus gets out!

And how many diesd?  Probally more from gators 

On 11/19/2020 at 8:22 AM, SupermarineS6B said:

For those who remember, this was the site of Cheap Charlies and a heap of other bars and restaurants that used to be packed every night, all bulldozed down in the name of what ?  Just left, same as soi 7, New wave bar and the great restaurant next door to it along with a whole street of tourist pulling bars...... All destroyed for what ?   And they talk about tourism .......   Time for a change......  

It's been happening for the 30 years I have been here yet the numbers keep increasing. Chuwit bulldozing Soi 10 bars, Clinton Plaza, Queen's Park Plaza, etc...

It's turning into a no-fun zone but the demographic has changed and the locals don't care because the money keeps rolling in.

15 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's been happening for the 30 years I have been here yet the numbers keep increasing. Chuwit bulldozing Soi 10 bars, Clinton Plaza, Queen's Park Plaza, etc...

It's turning into a no-fun zone but the demographic has changed and the locals don't care because the money keeps rolling in.

Soi 7 where???? Washington Square Skhvit, Bkk..... 

On 11/18/2020 at 11:41 AM, mstevens said:

Actually, I disagree with this. While a lot of people have lost their job, most have not. Even if it was say as many as 10% of people who have lost their job, that's still 90% of people who had employment before Covid, still have employment now.

I can only talk for my country and my group of friends, but everyone I know is gagging to get back to Thailand. They've had enough of not being able to travel and the warm weather and the party atmosphere of Thailand is a strong lure. Surveys here show that as soon as people can travel international, they will. There is a lot of pent up demand!

My thoughts on peoples ability, or maybe desire would be a better word, to travel is to look at domestic travel.

I work for an airline at a non international station, and in general passenger numbers are running at about 50% of last years numbers, and thats up a lot from earlier this year, when I was sending planes out with literally a handful of passengers.

That loading figure is roughly the same for both North America and Europe (I use all Europe to be domestic so it compares with the US)

I think the leading indicator in all of this will be when you see domestic air travel rebound, then people will start considering more international long haul travel.

Air travel right now is not what it was. Masks are required to be worn for the duration, food and beverage service, is very minimal.

Think of that on a couple of hours domestic flight, and extrapolate that to a 10-15 hour flight to Asia.

There is a reason the airlines have most of their widebody fleets parking up in Victorville in the Mojave, Alice Springs and Tereul in Spain. There just isn't any demand!

I hope I am wrong and you are right, but I'd still say watch and wait until people are comfortable with a 1-2 hour flight before you get your hopes up

On 11/18/2020 at 11:41 AM, mstevens said:

So, as I said before I hope you are right and I'm wrong.

But to emphasize my point that I think domestic air travel is the leading edge indicator of peoples willingness to fly take a look at this.

I'm an airline employee, so I travel for free on standby.

I'm flying down to Denver in a couple of hours.

The 'available' seats means those not sold and available for us. This is a typical flight load right now, and until I see that domestic load factor cross the 80% barrier, I see no real hope for international travel, and the subsequent tourist market to Thailand

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 3.56.13 AM.png

Edited by GinBoy2