Hotel Near Victoria Monument (bkk)

Hi all

Before making this new topic i did looked around on this forum but i had no luck with finding an answer for my questions

Apologies if its out there and this topic is useless; i leave it up to the moderators to judge it

Im going to BKK and previously i always stayed in hotels like Woraburi, Sukhumvit or Sawasdee Inn , Kaosarn rd. for a prive around 800 ~ 1000 baht

This time i require to stay near the Victoria Monument. preferably not far from the Sky Train as well.

I am hoping for some good hotel recommendations from the veteran-people here.

Some people told me that Phayathai and Rangnam are areas with some decent hotels , i do have no idea about these areas though.

I am more or less looking for the same quality/price as Woraburi/Sawasdee Inn; simple room with at least TV, Airco/Fan, maybe even mini-fridge

I have found Sena Place Hotel 17 @ Phaholyothin Rd. already but before making any hasty decision i though that asking it here would be a good idea

Any people with experiences they can share?

It would be much appreciated :o

No catch. It's quite nice, simple, basic, only a couple years old. No pool or other frills. Not in a premium district. I know of a lot of pretty good hotels in Bangkok for under 1000 baht. Here's another. Very nice international-standard rooms, friendly, free internet (wifi and LAN) and right beside a BTS station.

I'm at the Bangkok City Suite now using the wireless in my room. Good place for the money though it is taking a beating from it's new found popularity. Good b'fast included.

It's a fair walk to the Ratchatevi BTS, but their are taxis' and tuk tuks.

Samran Place is nearer the BTS on Petburi rd. and though I haven't stayed there I've heard good things.

website for Bangkok City is www.staybangkok.com

I want to check out Omyim, looks interesting. Thanks Bill!

Its taking a beating? what do u mean?

i still onder how much more it would cost if i dont pay through internet but just walk in and pay cash at the counter..

Do any of these website referrals have a phone number or email address.

If not, surely a Google search could provide one or the other.

Just a thought, but you might try calling or emailing them.

An internet special rate is just that, and they would be justified in refusing to give it to walk-in customers. But in practise, if you point out that you know what the internet rate is, AND offer to pay in cash up-front, they'll probably let you have it. They do save the fees they'd have to pay the credit card company and whoever handles their internet transactions.

"It's taking a beating"

Because it's good value it's being used hard and there are signs of wear, that's all. Last time I stayed it was brand new and there's a marked difference. But still the best value I've found in town. The only drawback is the 1 km (approx.) walk to Ratchatevi which I usually don't mind.

My experience is that the price is the same no matter how you get here(Bangkok City Suite). 750 baht -single, 800-double. That's up 100 baht from last year.

Sapan Kwai

I almost booked one hotel that was suggested by u guys but now i got the advice to stay near (or in ) the area Sapan Kwai

I never been there

is it a nice place to stay for a week? any hotel suggestions? is it far from Victoria monument?

any1 can advice? :o

Sapan Kwai

I almost booked one hotel that was suggested by u guys but now i got the advice to stay near (or in ) the area Sapan Kwai

I never been there

is it a nice place to stay for a week? any hotel suggestions? is it far from Victoria monument?

any1 can advice? :o

Sapan Kwai is approximately 9,545 kilometers away from Victoria Monument:

victoriamonument.jpg

Hi all

Before making this new topic i did looked around on this forum but i had no luck with finding an answer for my questions

Apologies if its out there and this topic is useless; i leave it up to the moderators to judge it

Im going to BKK and previously i always stayed in hotels like Woraburi, Sukhumvit or Sawasdee Inn , Kaosarn rd. for a prive around 800 ~ 1000 baht

This time i require to stay near the Victoria Monument. preferably not far from the Sky Train as well.

I am hoping for some good hotel recommendations from the veteran-people here.

Some people told me that Phayathai and Rangnam are areas with some decent hotels , i do have no idea about these areas though.

I am more or less looking for the same quality/price as Woraburi/Sawasdee Inn; simple room with at least TV, Airco/Fan, maybe even mini-fridge

I have found Sena Place Hotel 17 @ Phaholyothin Rd. already but before making any hasty decision i though that asking it here would be a good idea

Any people with experiences they can share?

It would be much appreciated :o

Would recommend to stay at Bangkok City Inn, right in shopping area, not far from Victoria monument, and opposite to Central World. The hotel is budget but clean and nice staffs.