Good Quality Parrot Cages

Need new cage for my cockatoo

Have serched online and asked at local (Chiang Mai) pet shops but with no joy without paying silly money to import one.

Does anyone know any where that can deliver/ship to Chiang Mai reasonably ?

Something like this

post-31335-1178328202.jpg

Edited by princealbert

Need new cage for my cockatoo

Have serched online and asked at local (Chiang Mai) pet shops but with no joy without paying silly money to import one.

Does anyone know any where that can deliver/ship to Chiang Mai reasonably ?

Something like this

Hi,

Can't answer your question, but maybe ask also on the Chiang Mai forum. There are a couple of parrot people there.

In case nobody knows as well, it might be you make a design on paper and ask a local metal shop if they can make one for you.

Nienke

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I know where, and I haven't been able to find appropriate cages or toys or anything, in CM. I have two large parrots and one small.

Chatuchak Market has a few places that sell everything you will need. And they will ship it to you. I have the card somewhere of a shop there where I picked out some things, and a huge new great cage, and paid cash, and it all arrived in CM perfectly. However, without actually visiting, I don't know how you will pick your cage and things as the folks there don't have websites or catalogs.

I also tried the route of having a cage made at a metal shop. It is ugly, dangerous for the bird due to the paint job, and a leg broke off at a welded joint when I moved houses. It was only marginally cheaper then the perfect cage I got in BKK. But I sometimes do see cages in people's yards around town that look better than mine, and the metal shop did try their best.

Cockatoos will bite/eat everything so having non-toxic things available is important. You can stock up on various wood toys for him in BKK. They are wonderful birds, I used to have one, but they can be one of the more difficult ones. I hope your house is soundproofed, and I would stock up on ear protection for yourself as well!!