Eight new Covid-19 cases in quarantine

webfact

Eight new cases in quarantine

By THE NATION

800_d569be12a38856c.jpg?v=1605761951

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration on Thursday reported eight new cases in quarantine over a 24-hour period.

The latest cases were six Thai nationals and two foreigners.

The six returnees were four women, aged 32, 37, 64 and 29, from Germany, Japan, Italy and the UK, and two men, aged 27 and 30, from the UK.

The infected foreigners are an Indian man, 48, and a Spanish woman, 34.

The new cases were asymptomatic, except for the three returnees from the UK.

As of Wednesday, the number of confirmed cases in Thailand has increased to 3,888 (929 in state quarantine). Of these, 86 are in hospital and 3,742 have recovered and been discharged. The death toll remains at 60.

According to Worldometer, as of 10am the number of confirmed global cases has increased to 56.55 million (rising by 611,074 in 24 hours). Of these, 39.34 million have recovered, 17.2 million are active cases (101,458 in severe condition) and 1.35 million have died (an increase of 10,969).

Thailand ranks a safe 151st for most cases in the world.

The US has the most number, with 11.87 million, followed by India (8.95 million), Brazil (5.94 million), France (2.06 million) and Russia (1.99 million).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398209

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-19

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Prince77 said:

The question- and maybe problem is: why do Thai nationals not have to do a Covid test as a precondition to fly back to Thailand?

Those are a high risk for all passengers and crew on board of a plane.

All foreigners must show a Covid test result taken at least 72 hours prior to departure and it looks like that works well.

Thailand has convinced people it’s only ‘dirty’ foreigners who have Covid and if they contract it it’s from a ‘dirty’ foreigner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, node said:

I find this very strange. For the Thai Embassies Thais do not need to present a PCR test, all foreigners must. I correct me if I am wrong, the test must be done within 72 hours of landing into LOS.

Example UK - BKK is 13:30hrs flight, hence your test must have been done latest, approximately 53:30 hrs before checking in. I give 3 hrs for check-in and 2 hrs for delay, plus the flight time of 13:30hrs.

You tested negative at your home location, before that you are fine. 

Again correct me if I am wrong, most Airlines require the passengers to have a PCR test done before checking in. Nothing to do with any Embassy. However on arriving LOS you are Positive.

Is it Thais are using bogus Medicals Reports to present at check-in to these check-in staffers? Are not the Airlines stipulating where they will accept test done from? I think they do, and sure the Embassies too, for foreigners.

I wear mask, face shield, sanitized my hands all flight, only to be removed to eat or drink, and on exiting the plane I test positive. I would be mad as hell. 

Exactly to go through the expense of the Covid Test then test positive a few days later, if I was returning it would be with an air line who insisted every one had a Covid19 test prior to the flight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Exactly to go through the expense of the Covid Test then test positive a few days later, if I was returning it would be with an air line who insisted every one had a Covid19 test prior to the flight.

I think Emirates are one such airline but I am not sure if it is for all flights they are running worldwide or certain routes . Plus if say I got a flight from uk via Dubai to Bkk then I would be in the lounge for a few hours and I wonder if everyone in there would have had a test as other airline passengers from certain airlines can use Emirates lounges .

2 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

I think Emirates are one such airline but I am not sure if it is for all flights they are running worldwide or certain routes . Plus if say I got a flight from uk via Dubai to Bkk then I would be in the lounge for a few hours and I wonder if everyone in there would have had a test as other airline passengers from certain airlines can use Emirates lounges .

My biggest problem is we live in the North East, its over 260 miles from Heathrow and that’s by car, I don’t drive therefore it would be Public Transport to get there plus possibly an overnight stay if we wanted a direct flight further increasing the risk of catching Covid.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My biggest problem is we live in the North East, its over 260 miles from Heathrow and that’s by car, I don’t drive therefore it would be Public Transport to get there plus possibly an overnight stay if we wanted a direct flight further increasing the risk of catching Covid.

I am kind of lucky in that respect as in Surrey , but I was just looking up some details .Economy with Eva air one way was around £720 direct and Emirates £500 with two and half hour stop in Dubai . But upon looking at the Emirates flying conditions I noted that for Thais flying from Dubai to Bkk they only needed a fit to fly letter and no Covid test . I thought Emirates were asking all passengers for pre flight Covid tests , but it seems not in this case and as far as I’m aware if I wanted to just go from uk to Dubai on a flight I would need a pre flight Covid test. I did find out though that boots are doing quick turnaround Covid tests for flight which is helpful although I’m not sure as yet if they supply a fit to fly certificate to go with the test results .

1 hour ago, ronaldo0 said:

I am kind of lucky in that respect as in Surrey , but I was just looking up some details .Economy with Eva air one way was around £720 direct and Emirates £500 with two and half hour stop in Dubai . But upon looking at the Emirates flying conditions I noted that for Thais flying from Dubai to Bkk they only needed a fit to fly letter and no Covid test . I thought Emirates were asking all passengers for pre flight Covid tests , but it seems not in this case and as far as I’m aware if I wanted to just go from uk to Dubai on a flight I would need a pre flight Covid test. I did find out though that boots are doing quick turnaround Covid tests for flight which is helpful although I’m not sure as yet if they supply a fit to fly certificate to go with the test results .

Is the Boots Test in writing and is the test accepted for a COE ?

Gatwick Airport are offering pre flight COVID19 PCR Tests for £60 from the 30th of November, would that mean anyone who contracted COVID after that test either contracted it on the flight or in Thailand ?

I would imagine more airports will follow suit to get the airlines flying again.

47 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I am going to check if they give you a fit to fly letter with it , but they send the results to you by email to print off . It should be accepted as it is the test that is required to enter UAE so I would assume it is good for a COE for Thailand. On the boots page it says what type it is and you can contact the company that is doing it from starting the application on boots page and it then gives you the option to contact them. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Gatwick Airport are offering pre flight COVID19 PCR Tests for £60 from the 30th of November, would that mean anyone who contracted COVID after that test either contracted it on the flight or in Thailand ?

I would imagine more airports will follow suit to get the airlines flying again.

Yeah I just read that also but on the article I read it said they return the results the next day so you would need stay at the airport for 1-2 nights or be leaving late day after you got the test . This was despite the initial statement saying it was a speedy test .

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

Yeah I just read that also but on the article I read it said they return the results the next day so you would need stay at the airport for 1-2 nights or be leaving late day after you got the test . This was despite the initial statement saying it was a speedy test .

It would suit me if Heathrow introduced it as I would prefer a direct flight, staying in a hotel for 1 night in and around the airport wouldn’t be a problem.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

So how can the the Thai Government justify quarantine if you have a Covid Test the same day you fly ?

53 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I read just now that Heathrow are doing tests at terminal 2&5 and it says they are doing a lamp Covid test for Hong Kong and trialing 3 other tests to USA on certain routes from 30th  . In the article it did say other tests were available and a test and nights stay at Sofitel at airport was around £180 . By time I leave hopefully Heathrow are doing the required test with quick turnaround and supplying a fit to fly letter with it . ????????

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

So how can the the Thai Government justify quarantine if you have a Covid Test the same day you fly ?

Guess they are going by it can take over ten days to show a positive as some people in ASQ have found out . Plus sitting on a plane with untested Thais won’t help and they need to get money off you somehow so ASQ helps ????

15 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The COE is issued before the covid test is required. I have my COE and do not have my covid test for another 12 days!

The covid free certificate is only required by the airline to allow you to fly and then when you arrive in Thailand.

• Thanks 1