Channel Tunnel

If i get a visa for another EU country can i feasibly sneak into the Uk with my g/f and friends. Is this a stupid idea.

I know that I won't get stopped but is there a chance that they will. Do respectfuly dressed lookin Thais get stopped and passport chekced in the UK.

If you have been succesful in getting into the uk or crossing by channel tunnel rubber dinghy did you ever get your passport checked?

Just and idea

Don't think it is possible. She will have a Schengen visa only. If you get caught, you can play dumb and claim that you thought it was an honest mistake. However, if you get caught it will probably jeopardise any further legal applications that you make for a UK visa at any Embassy.

My wife still posseses a valid schengen residency in Greece, but she still must apply seperately for a UK visa since Britain is not part of the Scehengen agreement.

Don't risk it.

If i get a visa for another EU country can i feasibly sneak into the Uk with my g/f and friends. Is this a stupid idea.

I know that I won't get stopped but is there a chance that they will. Do respectfuly dressed lookin Thais get stopped and passport chekced in the UK.

If you have been succesful in getting into the uk or crossing by channel tunnel rubber dinghy did you ever get your passport checked?

Just and idea

Yeah...it is a stupid idea

May be a stupid idea, but I would guess that a visa application would be more likely to succeed if applied for in an EU country rather than Thailand. So you're thinking upon the right lines. Maybe someone else has experience with this option who may be able to offer suggestions. :D

Failing that put them in the boot (trunk) of your car. You will most likely get through, but huge fines if they're detected. :o

If you have a visa for a European country in your passport you should have no problem getting a UK visa, either in Thailand or Europe.

I've done it the other way round - got a UK visa then a French visa for my (then) g/f.

Passports are checked on the train, if your wife does not have a valid visa to enter UK she will not be admitted.

Passports are checked before boarding by the French, as well as on the train by the British.

(At least that's what happened travelling on Eurostar from Paris).

I know at least one Thai whose boyfriend took her to Paris for the weekend, with no problem, despite not having a Schengen or French visa. (Thai passports are the same colour as EU passports, and anyone who'se travelled from the UK to France knows that sometimes you can get past French immigration showing only the passport holder, not even showing the passport. Usually by accident, but you don't realise until you're past...)

France to the UK - no chance... My brother, once left his passport in the car on the ferry. - Big problems, despite the strong Scottish accent, until he got access to the car.

"Passports are checked before boarding by the French, as well as on the train by the British.

(At least that's what happened travelling on Eurostar from Paris).

"

Also when boarding with a car at the tunnel passports are checked. if going by train from anywhere in europe (eurostar) you also checked and not even allowed on the train.