What Made You Happy Today.

larvidchr

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy because I woke up next to my beautiful Thai ladyboy, as I have for the past four years. And even though we are in our Santa Fe, New Mexico, home for the next five months, being able to check in every day on Thai Visa gives me and my lovely Irin a little taste of home. Here in Santa Fe, the temperature is about 20C each day and it is dry (15-20% humidity). We have beautiful sunsets and great Mexican food. But we still miss our home in Bangkok. Can't wait to come back.

Your post gave me memories of many a sunset on the Sangre de Christos and dinner at the La Fonda. Thanks!

I'm happy because I woke up next to my beautiful Thai ladyboy, as I have for the past four years. And even though we are in our Santa Fe, New Mexico, home for the next five months, being able to check in every day on Thai Visa gives me and my lovely Irin a little taste of home. Here in Santa Fe, the temperature is about 20C each day and it is dry (15-20% humidity). We have beautiful sunsets and great Mexican food. But we still miss our home in Bangkok. Can't wait to come back.

Your post gave me memories of many a sunset on the Sangre de Christos and dinner at the La Fonda. Thanks!

PS Please send some green chile and a bag of sopapillas!!!!

I finally started constructing my home climbing wall... and this evening I went to see Spiderman 3... good flick, especially if you get the VIP Lazy Boy seats. 500 Baht well-spent. :o

Hehehe. The chile probably wouldn't survive the trip. But I can bring a bag of sopas when we come back this fall.

Thanks for all these posts and this thread. After reading a few other rather mood souring threads before this one it was nice to be encouraged by reading here. Thanks to this thread I'm thinking of what makes me happy and so...

I'm only just now getting up today so what has me smiling is listening to the birds chirping and reflecting on an enjoyable weekend helping an Akha friend try to get her Thai citizenship by driving up some muddy muddy roads to a remote village.

Edited by CSS

Hehehe. The chile probably wouldn't survive the trip. But I can bring a bag of sopas when we come back this fall.

Don't suppose a Bobcat Bite Green Chile Cheeseburger would survive the trip without advanced cryo-tech. What is NASA working on currently? Priorities people!!!!!

Today I am happy, because i woke up this morning knowing that yesterday i got my Cambodia trip over with without any problems at the border, next time Penang and 3 months of peace of mind :o

Edited by larvidchr

Yep, weekend time and my youngest daughter's birthday. What larks we had opening her presents - her more than me, I knew what she had :D ! Mr Man was mystified though :o , he just works for the cash to purchase books and scooter. I should add that he is happy to though :D

I finally get in touch with my TG, phone no work, lain lain too maak maak, however now I'm having the same problems again, she lives south of SiSaKet, close to Cambodia border, it's been raining like cats and dogs for the last few days, however my day started out good, I got to speak with her and the babies, I'm stuck in Iraq for another 26 days and then I'm back with the family. What a happy happy day that will be.

A call from my better half, who is in HK for a few days for a friend's wedding.

A good conference call with colleagues in Singapore, Sydney and Chicago. We solved the issue we were discussing.

The fact that the rain stopped by 8.30, making it possible to grab a sneaky 18 holes on a Friday afternoon.

The 16th hole (see above). An ordinary drive. A great 7 iron to within 7 feet. A curly downhill put sunk for a rare birdie.

Opening Thaivisa and receiving a PM from an old and valued friend I'd not heard of for many months.

A pretty good day all in all.

:D Cos it's FR-FR-FR-FRIIIIDDAAAAAYYY!!! :D

(Lovely lovely thread - Thanks! :D )

got up good start had bensons in the 7/11 had everything needed at the plummers shop to finish the bathroom and theres a movie on ubc i havnt seen yet what a day wonderfull unfortunatly its not over as im out tonight and who knows what might happen :o

Maybe a little mundane for Thai adventurers but a little extract from what made my day. Alex is my 5 year old grandson and hasn't mastered much English yet. His father has just had a heart transplant and his mother is stressed out. So I have to baby sit the little git today. We're driving home in my car and after pushing every button within reach he says:

(I have to translate the rest from German.)

"What is this car?"

"It's a Ford, sport"

"Uhuh"

"What?"

"Why don't you have a Porsche?"

"Do I look like Bill Gates?"

"Who's he? Hey there's a McDonald's here too"

"You got money?"

"I'm too small to have money, you're big enough though"

"I hear you knocking. Forget McDonalds, I'm gonna make us some healthy food at home".

"Hm"

"What? Don't you wanna grow up big and strong?"

"Could care less"

"What do you have against healthy eating?"

"It's okay but you get a goody bag at McDonalds. I get zilch from you"

Edited by qwertz

Maybe a little mundane for Thai adventurers but a little extract from what made my day. Alex is my 5 year old grandson and hasn't mastered much English yet. His father has just had a heart transplant and his mother is stressed out. So I have to baby sit the little git today. We're driving home in my car and after pushing every button within reach he says:

"What is this car?"

"It's a Ford, sport"

"Uhuh"

"What?"

"You got money?"

"I hear you knocking. Forget McDonalds, I'm gonna make us some healthy food at home".

"Hm"

"Could care less"

:o:D:D:D:D

When I woke up this morning, there was a mail from my Sister back home with spring pictures from the forrest where she and I used to walk together when we where kids, it filled me with happy memories and warmed my heart. :o:D:D

I was really happy this morning, the sun is out again after several days of heavy rain, the garden has had ample water, the people on the estate is coming out from their homes and there is life everywhere, people are smiling and chatting over the garden walls, what a lovely day. :D

What has made you happy today???

There is so much doom and gloom, come on lets exercise the smileys and give somebody else a reason to smile. :D

Now that is a really western way of looking at the weather.

Just like the BBC weather people, rain is bad, sun is good. :o

After all the months of drought I would think you would be glad to have a month of rain. :D

The farmers certainly will.

I was really happy this morning, the sun is out again after several days of heavy rain, the garden has had ample water, the people on the estate is coming out from their homes and there is life everywhere, people are smiling and chatting over the garden walls, what a lovely day. :D

What has made you happy today???

There is so much doom and gloom, come on lets exercise the smileys and give somebody else a reason to smile. :D

Now that is a really western way of looking at the weather.

Just like the BBC weather people, rain is bad, sun is good. :D

After all the months of drought I would think you would be glad to have a month of rain. :bah:

The farmers certainly will.

If you are happy for the farmers getting rain, then post just that, this thread is about what makes you happy, and not about what you think is right or wrong for others to be happy about.

I am happy to be a westener, being born in the west with all the advantages that gives, is a great gift :bah: , and it will make me happy, if your guess as to one of the reasons we westeners come to Thailand, would be the sun :o

And I will be happy if you continue, to be the first and last, to pollute this thread with the "bah" face, because avoiding that, was ment to be the spirit of this thread :D

"What is this car?"

"It's a Ford, sport"

"Uhuh"

"What?"

"You got money?"

"Hm"

"Could care less"

was laughing.

still laughing.

going to sleep and going to laugh in my dreams.

Ar kids.... :D

Qwert....thanks for the above lovely commentary. :o

What made me happy today, was after reading the posts on the thread :

"poll, do you think Thailand wants you here" (Let me point out that i am not knocking anybodys opinions on that thread, and those things are a part of life as well, it just made me a bit sad to look at.)

I was able to go back on this thread read all the posts again, and get the smile back on my face. :D:D because whatever happens, there is always the nice little things in an ordinary persons daily life that puts light and laugther in our hearts. :D:D

Kind regards. :o

Waking up knowing its one day less until I return to Thailand (16 days to go)

Being woken up at 2am (again) by a thai lady who hasnt mastered the 6 hour time difference for a chat

Visiting me mum

Getting silver in a Fire Service competition

Spending a couple of hours surfing the web and listening to a bit of Bird Thongchai