Brexit could affect economy for longer than COVID - BoE's Saunders

snoop1130

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

You could always apply to rejoin the Commonwealth.

But would that not imply more foreigners having right of entry to the UK? Foreigners with an undesirable religion?

(this post may contain traces of sarcasm)

So what ?

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because nothing makes as much sense as setting up trade relations with mostly poor and distant nations. And what makes you think that those nations would want have wanted to have free trade with the UK back when? Ridiculous.

They most certainly did, led by Australia, New Zealand and  Canada, and supported by the USA.

13 hours ago, JonnyF said:

image.png.84598bfc97d88a29c0f7e30a31a43afe.png

Could. Could?

This is an opinion, the prediction of a salaryman who is toeing the BOE line. A guess. A hypothesis.

I could win the lottery. Won't be quitting the day job though. 

No doubt Michael will be in line for a massive end of year bonus if he keeps peddling the official BOE line and releasing this misinformation based on nothing more than the instructions of his bosses. Good boy Michael, have a pat on the head.

Obviously the Remainers and Rejoiners will lap this up. I can hear the cheers from here. I have bad news for them, this guys predictions will not bring about the failure that they wish upon their country. Soz 'bout that. Keep bitchin' and moanin' though, if you still haven't got over losing the referendum and leaving the EU ????.

I find this continual reference to Brexiters and Remainers frankly pathetic , we all need to move on.

If a deal can be agreed with the EU ( and it looks like it will ) then clearly it is in the best interests of everybody.

6 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

Even more incomprehensible than normal - I’ve had one name on here fact, I’ve even supplied you a comment from your ‘grouse’ on another thread proving it can’t be me but you’ve never been quick on the uptake. 

so, prove otherwise ....

still at leat an admission you ‘don’t care’ about the damage Brexit will cause ????????????????

Seems like all is not well in the EU. why don't they just give everyone a democratic referendum to leave instead of behaving like Pyongnag dictators that they are.

I said I don't care and that's about all the nonsense written that could, maybe, possibly, potentially fear mongering we have had since 2015, which most did not happen.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/world/well-tear-up-eu-treaties-say-hungary-and-poland-zdgnlmhsw

As for proving who you are or have been, again I don;'t care. I am not a "saddo" on here who changes there names so many times they forget what they write. Is that right 49????

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

Lol every single post of yours devoid of any substance whatsoever - consistent at least. 

So the Office of Budget and responsibility which the government use for its financial modelling predicting a 2% drop in GDP for no deal - another outlet not to be believed ? I mean how many are there now ? 

Ah, you've picked another one now have you? Well how does that one stack up with the other forecasts of Armageddon? Is it the same result, or another swipe at conjuring up some doom numbers for the Remainers?

None of them can forecast anything accurately, whether it be economics, casualties of covid, numbers of migrants, or what election results will be. They are all based on faulty models, spurious constants, selective spin and wild assed guesses. You may as well ask them to predict the lottery results. If they provide succor for the scaredy suckers, you are welcome to blindly follow the worse you can find.

No Deal No Problem.

• Like 2

On 11/27/2020 at 3:49 PM, candide said:

The EU does not "give" referendums and has no say in it. It's up to each member State.

And if you believe that the EU has no say it in then you have no idea how the EU operates. The next thing you will be saying they are a democratic organisation :cheesy:.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2016/11/29/eu-president-orders-no-referendums-lack-love-brussels/

http://europeanpost.co/juncker-dont-hold-any-more-referendum-as-voters-will-choose-to-leave-the-eu/

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Breitbart! ???? what a reference!

BTW, did UK need an authorisation to hold the Brexit referendum?

There are numerous accounts documented where one of the 5 unelected Presidents of the EU make the decisions for the other 27, which make it out that they all have an equal voice. So again the EU do hold the power on referendums. they don't them as many countries would leave. So again you are wrong.

To answer your question the EU have done everything they could to prevent it, asked for another vote and continue to interfere. Go and ask the likes of Gina Mller. I look forward to your reply, which will probably won't answer the question as normal.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

There are numerous accounts documented where one of the 5 unelected Presidents of the EU make the decisions for the other 27, which make it out that they all have an equal voice. So again the EU do hold the power on referendums. they don't them as many countries would leave. So again you are wrong.

To answer your question the EU have done everything they could to prevent it, asked for another vote and continue to interfere. Go and ask the likes of Gina Mller. I look forward to your reply, which will probably won't answer the question as normal.

who are those 5 unelected chieftains?

CEC chief

Paliament chief

Council chief

and ? and ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bruntoid said:

Lol so they are all wrong! I didn’t ‘pick’ anything it’s just the latest.  Kind of makes you wonder how they’re all in well paid jobs eh when all they need to do is give ol Loiner a ring and get the facts straight from the horses mouth ????

Could you give us a list of respected organisations that have stated Brexit is a great idea please ? 

So were the forecasts of Armageddon, or the previous BoE premonitions, the same figures as the most recent BoE soothsayings? Of course they are not because they are all pulled from out of their rear ends. Where do these posts of yours come from? 

There are no facts in the whole matter of the UK's economic future, emphasis on future. (Unless they are using that there Remainer crystal ball.) Pick which ever prediction of doom and gloom you prefer to be bamboozled with and enjoy your misery.

On 11/29/2020 at 3:55 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

So again the EU do hold the power on referendums.

Would you mind showing me the specific law according to which a member state cannot hold a referendum without EU approval? Truth is, member states don’t even need a referendum for it. They can just trigger article 50 without one. It’s totally up to them as sovereign states: Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.

You obviously didn’t do your homework, as so often is the case with brexiteers. 

Go and ask the likes of Gina Mller.

Gina Miller isn’t the EU. In fact, she’s one of yours. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

So were the forecasts of Armageddon, or the previous BoE premonitions, the same figures as the most recent BoE soothsayings? Of course they are not because they are all pulled from out of their rear ends. Where do these posts of yours come from? 

There are no facts in the whole matter of the UK's economic future, emphasis on future. (Unless they are using that there Remainer crystal ball.) Pick which ever prediction of doom and gloom you prefer to be bamboozled with and enjoy your misery.

QUOTE: There are no facts in the whole matter of the UK's economic future,

Thank you for making it clear that economics did not play a role in Brexit (as I always suspected).

Now please tell me why you voted Leave.

The Polish plumbers, the Africans, the Muslims, the colour of your passport, your Queen's image on your money, your Glorious Past that would come back, liking to be ruled by hiso Conservatives, or what?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: There are no facts in the whole matter of the UK's economic future,

Thank you for making it clear that economics did not play a role in Brexit (as I always suspected).

Now please tell me why you voted Leave.

The Polish plumbers, the Africans, the Muslims, the colour of your passport, your Queen's image on your money, your Glorious Past that would come back, liking to be ruled by hiso Conservatives, or what?

Yes all of those, and to rid the country of old hippies who litter the public sector, local government and the political industry.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Loiner said:

<snip>

There are no facts in the whole matter of the UK's economic future,

Really?

Here's a fact from: What Brexit will do to the City of London (dated 24/10/20)

British-registered financial firms will lose the “passporting” rights that have long allowed them to sell funds, debt, advice or insurance to clients across the eu unimpeded, as if they were domestic. Thousands of jobs and well over £1trn ($1.3trn) of assets have already been shifted to continental Europe as City firms confront this new friction.

(7by7 emphasis)

And here's a warning of the consequences of the no deal you desire so much: Nissan warns on its UK future without a Brexit deal (dated 18/11/20)

Nissan warned in June that the prospect of additional costs from tariffs and possible border delays threatens the viability of its UK business.

Mr Gupta told the BBC the EU was the Sunderland factory's biggest customer and warned that Nissan's commitment could not be maintained if there was not tariff-free EU access.

On 11/29/2020 at 10:11 AM, placeholder said:

Did you actually read the body of the articles you linked to as opposed to the titles?

"Jean Claude Juncker has suggested EU leaders not to hold in-out referendums because he fears it will backfire and voters will choose to leave the EU. His words come as Austria’s presidential favourite, Norbert Hofer, threatened to hold a referendum to cut ties with the EU if he takes power this weekend. (Express)"

The titles may claim Juncker gave orders but the text belied it. And this nonsense about the sinister force that the leadership of the EU commands is belied by the fact that Poland and Hungary are currently able to stymie legislation. As was even a small portion of Belgium a few years back in relation to a treaty with Canada. It seems like you derive your ideas about EU executives from the villains of James Bond movies.

You have more energy than me! When I saw the reference was Breitbar, I suddenly felt too lazy to click on the link! ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Would you mind showing me the specific law according to which a member state cannot hold a referendum without EU approval?

If you think that a law holds the power and the EU do not have influence then you need to get a big hat with a big letter on it.

• Haha 1