The Ideal Farang

qwertz

After so much farang bashing, how about your notions of the ideal farang in LOS? Ladies, feel free to voice your preferences and - calling all Thais - here's your chance to tell what would please you most.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After so much farang bashing, how about your notions of the ideal farang in LOS? Ladies, feel free to voice your preferences and - calling all Thais - here's your chance to tell what would please you most.

One with lots of money to give away!

1. One who can understand, speak, read and write Thai reasonably well, and who is equally fluent in the culture and history of the country.

2. One who is calm, understanding, open and non-judgmental.

3. One who understands that he will never be Thai.

4. One who smiles easily and takes things in stride.

Dammit, I don't know who this describes, but he's nothing like me...

The ideal Farang In Thailand is the one at the airport leaving after spending all his money.

The ideal Farang in Thailand is one that realises that this is not his home country, so don't expect it to be like his home country.

The ideal Farang should vote with his feet if he really dislikes Thailand and leave to a better place.

The ideal Farang should not stay in Thailand if all he/she can do is complain about all things Thai, they should at least consider this for their own well being if nothing else, as it must be terrible to live somewhere you don't like.

Especially when you have a choice.

Edited by Maigo6

I presume you are talking about "ideal farang for thai females looking for a realtionship" ?

There is no one absolute answer.

A bargirl or freelancer will look for one type of farang.

An independently wealthy and western educated thai women will look for another type of farang.

If you look at all the potential attributes (language ability, wealth, looks,nationality, manners, job/career, work/live in thailand or not, social connections/status etc.... etc..), different "types" of thai women will all prescribe a different subset of the attributes as per their own definition of "ideal" that meets their agenda.

The ideal Farang In Thailand is the one at the airport leaving after spending all his money.

so the wise farang is the one who behaves all the opposite from the ideal farang

If the Farang is happy in Thailand , yes.

Let's not kid our self, the ideal Farang is one, who has lots and lots of money and willing to spend it on or for the Thai lady. No they are not gone to tell you that. If you believe otherwise you are just kidding yourself, but who cares it your MONEY, enjoy it while you have it. :o:D:D

Edited by BigSnake

Let's not kid our self, the ideal Farang is on who has lots and lots of money and willing to spend it on or for the Thai lady. No they are not gone to tell you that.

So does that describe you, or are you not going to tell us ? :o

Edited by Maigo6

It depends from who's point of view..

Working Thai Girl ( can't say B*r Girl here):

Lots of cash.

Speaks No Thai.

Sex over in 20 seconds.

Drinks like a fish.

More than one ATM card.

Never heard of a sick buffalo.

Thinks buying a 40k motorcycle is cheap.

Has a spare 2 mill for mums new house.

Has a small old fella.

Thinks all Thai girls kiss their brothers on the lips and hold hands all the time.

Average Middle Class Thai

Well Dumspero answered that

Hi So Thai.

Some one who can introduce them to people with more money and connections than they already have

The ideal Farang in Thailand is one that realises that this is not his home country, so don't expect it to be like his home country.

The ideal Farang should vote with his feet if he really dislikes Thailand and leave to a better place.

The ideal Farang should not stay in Thailand if all he/she can do is complain about all things Thai, they should at least consider this for their own well being if nothing else, as it must be terrible to live somewhere you don't like.

----------------------------------------

Go #### yourself a######... :o

to each their own. There will be somebody for everybody in the end. I love it here but then I have no thai ladyfriend. Is it pure chance then that I find nothing to complain about with all things Thai. My only gripes, and they are VERY minor, are with those sour faced farangs who make the place look less attractive.

to each their own. There will be somebody for everybody in the end. I love it here but then I have no thai ladyfriend. Is it pure chance then that I find nothing to complain about with all things Thai. My only gripes, and they are VERY minor, are with those sour faced farangs who make the place look less attractive.

Loz, I have lived in Thailand since 1990, and the vast majority on the constant complainers are guys with very limited ammounts of cash to spend, the shoestring budget Farangs...... these same guys would be constantly moaning in their own countries also.

Many come to Thailand with nothing in their pockets but a few dreams and hopeless expectations.

How much money have you lost in Thailand Pepe ? :D

Loz, I have lived in Thailand since 1990, and the vast majority on the constant complainers are guys with very limited amounts of cash to spend, the shoestring budget Farangs...... these same guys would be constantly moaning in their own countries also. YEP, I hear that!

Many come to Thailand with nothing in their pockets but a few dreams and hopeless expectations.

Nothing wrong with dreams. As the great man once said, N" Nothing happens unless first a dream". But hopeless expectations... thats a happiness killer right there.

Ps. I wouldn't say I was wealthy but, I'd have to teach English for two years to make the same amount as the last month I worked in England. Its not just about money, dude :o Happiness comes from within.

the ideal farang is somebody who never uses the f word in public,as politeness is everything in los.you can possibly get by with the c word as i'm not sure its that widely understood.

So what does a farang really have to do to pass muster there? Tattoos? No.2 buzz cut? Beer cooler wrapped around wrist? Baggy

shorts and sandals? Floozy on arm? Revolving eyeballs? Dodgy investment offers? Large motorcycle? Clutch of kids of mixed

parentage? Propped up in a farang bar waiting for death? Play golf badly? Cultivate large pot belly?

These things I need to know if I'm ever going to fit in there. I go through agonies every morning wondering how to dress and act like

a really cool farang and look less nerdy.

So what does a farang really have to do to pass muster there? Tattoos? No.2 buzz cut? Beer cooler wrapped around wrist? Baggy

shorts and sandals? Floozy on arm? Revolving eyeballs? Dodgy investment offers? Large motorcycle? Clutch of kids of mixed

parentage? Propped up in a farang bar waiting for death? Play golf badly? Cultivate large pot belly?

These things I need to know if I'm ever going to fit in there. I go through agonies every morning wondering how to dress and act like

What you need is an image consultant, qwertz.

I read in another thread about a bar owner who vomited on a customer. He's the sort of guy you should turn to for advice.

The ideal farang is someone who is as laid back as the Thai people...in other words, just about horizontal. Type A personalities go crazy in a country like this.

yes,the type who finds a catterpiller in his salad & says,mai pen rai. :o

What you need is an image consultant, qwertz.

I read in another thread about a bar owner who vomited on a customer. He's the sort of guy you should turn to for advice.

That's what I'm talking about , Alf. I would even endure (reference to mod coincidental) this if it would lead to me being accepted as a farang's farang. I feel so nerdy. Would a large tattoo impress?

Farang answers to a farang question everyone is different including the Thai's, everyone has different requirements in what they look for in a man / woman.

I personally think if you can make her / him laugh then that is a good start.

What makes an ideal Thai (lady)?

Farang answers to a farang question everyone is different including the Thai's, everyone has different requirements in what they look for in a man / woman.

I personally think if you can make her / him laugh then that is a good start.

What makes an ideal Thai (lady)?

A nubile eighteen year old nymphomaniac heiress to a brewing fortune. :o

The "poster child" Farang that I see very often here has: a shaved head, plenty of tatoos, gold chain(s), & maybe an earring or two, wears shorts or cut-offs & sleevless undershirts everywhere he goes. He is usually 7 feet tall and/or wide, often with plenty of attitude. I assume this look must be popular with the local girls. "Nice Guy"? Probably gets you the same as back home: Nowhere & nothing.