Anybody else get the under consideration stamp til xmas Day?

Utter madness.. Covid extension finished on November 30th.. Went on the 30th and now they have put 25th of December in my passport under consideration.. So i will have to go back to get the 5 extra days and extend another 30 days til the end of January.. who makes this #$%% up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Same happened to a friend of mine who went to Jomtien on 30th November. I suspect she will be given another 30 days from 25th December. She entered on tourist visa in March. Anyone know what is likely to happen? She can't go back to her home country as land borders are closed and there are no flights. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

ame happened to a friend of mine who went to Jomtien on 30th November. I suspect she will be given another 30 days from 25th December.

She will get a extension of stay stamp to January 29th that is 60 days from the 30th if that is the day her permit to stay ended. The under consideration stamp is not an extension.

15 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Same happened to a friend of mine who went to Jomtien on 30th November. I suspect she will be given another 30 days from 25th December. She entered on tourist visa in March. Anyone know what is likely to happen? She can't go back to her home country as land borders are closed and there are no flights. 

No doubt she will have to go back on the 30th of December to get another 30 Days.. ????????

2 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

No doubt she will have to go back on the 30th of December to get another 30 Days.

Why would she have to go back to apply for a 30 day extension if she applied for a 60 day extension? She will get the remainder of the 60 days.

1 hour ago, Bell1234 said:

Utter madness.. Covid extension finished on November 30th.. Went on the 30th and now they have put 25th of December in my passport under consideration.. So i will have to go back to get the 5 extra days and extend another 30 days til the end of January.. who makes this #$%% up.

They are open Christmas day.... , in fact in Jomtien they all wear Santa hats and it is a good day to go do an extension. Usually not busy......

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

They are open Christmas day.... , in fact in Jomtien they all wear Santa hats and it is a good day to go do an extension. Usually not busy......

It will be super busy just like Nov 30th was.. Everybody has the same Date so they will all be there on the same day.. 3-4 hours wait.. I best get my Dinner in the pans prepared to eat early evening. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

She will get a extension of stay stamp to January 29th that is 60 days from the 30th if that is the day her permit to stay ended. The under consideration stamp is not an extension.

Thanks. I'll let her know. She will be pleased. 

I guess this may have something to do with Emergency Decree being extended to January 15th. But they have not mentioned anything else in relation visa’s when they extended it, so all a bit up in the air. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, anfh said:

I guess this may have something to do with Emergency Decree being extended to January 15th. But they have not mentioned anything else in relation visa’s when they extended it, so all a bit up in the air. 

The 60 day extensions are not tied to the emergency decree in anyway.