Explainer: I just got a COVID-19 vaccine. Now what?

snoop1130

On 12/8/2020 at 12:13 PM, ThailandRyan said:

So about 1 month after the first injection there might still be the chance to spread the virus.

So there goes your ability to travel and not be quarantine for 14 days in a nutshell as even with the vaccine it is still unknow.  Way to rush through trials to put out a vaccine that is still not finished being studied.  The world will be guinea pigs it appears.

The ones who have been immunised will not get ill or severely ill. This is a great achievement considering the many who occupy scarce ICU beds or never make it out of ICU again. How long immunity will last we will see as time goes on. 

Many vaccinations need repeating, not just perhaps anti.Covid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Pottinger said:

I've heard of bubonic plague and I've heard of pneumonic plague but 'diabolic plague' is a new one for me. What are the symptoms, do little devils with toasting forks sit on one's shoulder?

Yes,  and in the cerebral form of diabolic plague (the scientific name is Pestilentia diabolica cerebri gravis) these little devils with their forks crawl into your brain and make you post things like the stuff I answered to.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:16 AM, Walkabout said:

I'll wait for a couple of years before thinking of getting the vaccine. The more I wait, the more I'll be able to make an informed decision.

Clinical trial results from the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine reveal two study participants died from what were classified as “Serious Adverse Events".
https://healthandmoneynews.wordpress.com/2020/12/08/breaking-fda-announces-2-deaths-of-pfizer-vaccine-trial-participants-from-serious-adverse-events/

From the link https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download in the news article reproduced in the blog post to which you have given a link:

Serious Adverse Events

Deaths

A total of six (2 vaccine, 4 placebo) of 43,448 enrolled participants (0.01%) died during the reporting period from April 29, 2020 (first participant, first visit) to November 14, 2020 (cutoff date). Both vaccine recipients were >55 years of age; one experienced a cardiac arrest 62 days after vaccination #2 and died 3 days later, and the other died from arteriosclerosis 3 days after vaccination #1. The placebo recipients died from myocardial infarction (n=1), hemorrhagic stroke (n=1) or unknown causes (n=2); three of the four deaths occurred in the older group (>55 years of age). All deaths represent events that occur in the general population of the age groups where they occurred, at a similar rate.

Conclusion: The injection of the placebo (saline solution) given to 20,244 persons resulted in double the number of deaths compared to the injection of the vaccine given to 20,033 persons.

10 hours ago, Puccini said:

From the link https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download in the news article reproduced in the blog post to which you have given a link:

Conclusion: The injection of the placebo (saline solution) given to 20,244 persons resulted in double the number of deaths compared to the injection of the vaccine given to 20,033 persons.

Who says the deaths were in any way related to the injection of the placebo, or the vaccine? They make it clear the deaths were in line with their age group and medical condition. You don't develop arteriosclerosis in a matter of weeks. Stop playing with numbers! Your comparison is totally arbitrary and unrelated.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2020 at 12:13 AM, ThailandRyan said:

So about 1 month after the first injection there might still be the chance to spread the virus.

So there goes your ability to travel and not be quarantine for 14 days in a nutshell as even with the vaccine it is still unknow.  Way to rush through trials to put out a vaccine that is still not finished being studied.  The world will be guinea pigs it appears.

The OP doesn't say that after a month one will not be capable of infecting others, IMO.

Since there is no evidence that the immunization prevents transmission of the virus -

Precautions can't end, IMO, unless and until it is proven that having been ill with corona or vaccinated does prevent transmission and herd immunity is reached. When will that happen? Your guess is as good as mine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 6:39 AM, bradiston said:

Who says the deaths were in any way related to the injection of the placebo, or the vaccine? They make it clear the deaths were in line with their age group and medical condition. You don't develop arteriosclerosis in a matter of weeks. Stop playing with numbers! Your comparison is totally arbitrary and unrelated.

You are right.

On 12/9/2020 at 1:26 AM, Walkabout said:

The tests do not show the efficacy at reducing severe illness, hospitalization and death and are even not designed to show these aspects.

The commercial release of Pfizer vaccine or its authorization is much to fast to show efficacy and safety, specially for a completely new design (mRNA).

Even an ex-Pfizer head of respiratory research, Dr. Michael Yeadon, request more serious tests than what is done at the moment ( ref.: https://www.globalresearch.ca/dr-wodarg-dr-yeadon-request-stop-all-corona-vaccination-studies-call-co-signing-petition/5731458 ).

Please leave Mr. Yeadon  out as an expert. There is a reason why he is no longer employed. He is exposed here; https://hubpages.com/politics/Pfizer-Chief-Science-Officer-Second-Wave-Based-on-Fake-Data-of-False-Positives-for-New-Cases-Pandemic-is-Over    

On 12/8/2020 at 12:32 PM, EricTh said:

Why should UK be given priority? Shouldn't it be apportioned equally to all countries?

UK took the option and paid money up front. UK was very smart to not rely one just one vaccine. UK is the largest contributors to Covax with £ 500 million. Without contribution to Covax, poor countries will not get vaccine. It is important that UK stay strong since it is the country that is helping most the poor countries.   Consider that China, Russia and USA will give nothing.

Edited by Patong2021
correction