PM Johnson says a moment may come when its game over on Brexit

snoop1130

5 hours ago, RayC said:

A medium sized player takes on a big boy and comes off second best. You don't see any similarities with the EU-UK relationship? 

No,but i see the similarities when britain stood up alone to fascism in 1939,big player in what?a depressed market following the corona virus?think you,ll find it,ll be a buyers market out there.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

5555.....Very graphic......I am just trying recall if I have ever seen a short, fat, aging blonde cowboy swagger anywhere.....nope.

But have you ever seen an ageing, stubborn  sulking Frenchman running away with his tail between his legs?

Oh.. wait a minute...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Susco said:

I suggest you take up a job as a standup comedian, and it is not that we don't believe you, but I'm still waiting for that link for that other claim you made.

It was widely reported across various outlets that these threats were made, and they were never denied by the EU.

Since you said it was widely reported, I'm sure it should be easy to just fish up 1 single link.

I've already provided links. I suggest you read them properly or learn to use google.

Nice try at giving me the runaround though. Well, by nice I really mean weak.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

Clue's in the name: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson. Man of the people. London East-end Huguenot roots. Family used to own some 'Pie & Mash' shops.

Wait a sec. Farage sounds distinctly foreign as well.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, RayC said:

That's true. But it still beggars belief that someone who proved himself incapable of leading a government department could be seen as being the right person to lead a country.

Not really it was a two horse race remain or leave,you could have put bernie winters up and still won by a landslide.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

You gotta love the Brexiteers. Still clinging on to the belief that they hold all the cards. Still believing bluff and bluster will see them through.

Wise up guys. Johnson is going to accept all the EU's demands and capitulate.

This is the guy to get Brexit done. This is the guy you all voted for because of his oven ready deal. This is the guy who led you all down the garden path with the lies told by vote leave. You were lied to. But even now you cannot accept that fact.

It was all so easy. Feed the masses a few meaningless slogans and buzzwords and the sheep will vote for it. Appeal to their dislike of immigrants whether legal or not. Give them an evening in Parliament square listening to Big Ben chime on their cassette recorders and some time biting the union flag. Keep harking back to a war from 75 years ago as if its still relevant. Keep telling them that the UK will prevail.  In the mean time we can avoid that evasion law the EU are bringing in regarding tax havens.

You got played guys. Plain and simple. Now you will have to pay for the results because there is no way the rich will be digging into their pockets to help.

Were it not for the damage done to the UK economy this entire farce would be hilarious.

I'm glad I never voted for it. As a patriot I could never hold my head aloft and say "Yeah I voted to damage the UK for years to come".

He who laughs last laughs the longest.

• Like 2

An article, which is opinion, but based upon logical reasoning. I'd suggest that it is pretty close to the truth. Guess that we will know for sure in a few days.

https://davidallengreen.com/2020/12/brexit-will-be-either-with-no-deal-or-a-deal-on-the-terms-of-the-european-union-and-it-is-difficult-to-see-how-any-brexit-could-have-ended-differently/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RayC said:

An article, which is opinion, but based upon logical reasoning. I'd suggest that it is pretty close to the truth. Guess that we will know for sure in a few days.

https://davidallengreen.com/2020/12/brexit-will-be-either-with-no-deal-or-a-deal-on-the-terms-of-the-european-union-and-it-is-difficult-to-see-how-any-brexit-could-have-ended-differently/

Johnson threw the kitchen sink at this in order to get into No 10 with a complete disregard for the consequences ...and now he has to face up to the fork in the road.........accept a deal that is unacceptable or.......leave with with no deal which will be catastrophic (for the man in the street).

I have only recently realized that he doesn't care what happens...why would we he? He is made man whatever,,, the UK and its future is no more than a play thing.....sick.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

Sad to say the UK just does not get it!  Deal or no deal the EU is still going to dictate trade conditions for the UK forever!  Brexit was passed to end immigration by Muslims.  Now the poor citizens are going to pay for it.  The difference between the economic power of the UK and the EU is tremendous.  Sadly, the USA was along the same path during the Trump administration.  Right now, it seems that only China has the depth of resources to go it alone anymore.

No deal : We are happy with that . 

• Like 2

hey Boris, it's still not clear to you

• you can do whatever you want on *your* market
  • on *our* market it's *our sovereignty*, live with it 

no-one is contesting your newly-acquired 1980's fishing zones, but as we you are putting our fishermen out of business we ask the UK trade some fishing quotas against keeping access to the EU-UK electricity and gas market. It was worth some €6bn in 2015.

Access to the EU energy market would allow the UK to adapt weather fluctuations as well as considerable savings buying gas from US or Russia.

As it turns out, it's worth much more than fishing cod or North Sea horse mackerel which no one in Britain eats anyway.

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 2

On 12/8/2020 at 2:11 PM, Loiner said:

So how successful has the EU rule setting been? They won’t be getting anything they wanted over the UK. 

And What the EU wants to have from the Tiny Islands ? Cheddar cheese ?

Or the "world famous" Welsh beef ?

Meat processors send ‘stark warning’ on Brexit: Trade volumes ‘could drop 50-75%’

The UK’s largest beef, lamb, pork and chicken processors have warned that if Brexit preparedness efforts aren’t accelerated, trade volumes of products of animal origin could drop 50-75%.... Read more

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hi from France said:

no-deal.is.not.possible

like the present negotiating situation, will it take years for you to realize?

Of course No Deal is possible. Unless you're changing the meaning of 'deal', like you did with Boris' 'oven ready deal' which at the time clearly referred to the WA but now Remainers like to pretend he was talking about an FTA.

Granted, there are still some elements of the WA I don't like, but that's what happens when a Remainer negotiates it and then a Remain Parliament makes it illegal to leave without it. I guess you'd like to forget all that. Remainers knew they couldn't win the game so they tried to smash up the pitch. Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, RayC said:

Fifteenth-odd years of rationing. Now there's something to look forward to. Good of you to dole out the hardships so liberally to us home-based Brits from your home 6000 miles away.

You are twisting it again 49, I was making a point that freedom sometimes is a difficult road, but we get to our destination in the end...

But expected comment, well done....:thumbsup:

• Like 1