Cher appeals to Bangkokians to relocate gorilla living above a shopping centre...

BillStrangeOgre

16 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

I am sure there are many poor people in Bangkok that would love to live above a shopping center. Does Cher help them too?

You’d have to ask her. Apart looking like an attention seeker, you’re just insinuating that anyone who cares about animals doesn’t care about people. That’s just plain foolish.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hanuman2547 said:

I'm surprised that this "zoo" is still operating.  There were calls for it to be shut down over 20 years ago.  

I heard about this a few years ago and as I remember it the owner refused to let the Gorilla go. Obviously thinking it’s good for the bank balance.

2 hours ago, Aussiepeter said:

If this poor animal is still there, the 'owner' should be flogged, then imprisoned for life, just as this poor animal has been. A b/g dragged me along to see this private 'zoo' in 1994. The gorilla was in a huge metal cage with nothing but an old truck tyre to play with. It looked so sad. Buddhist country ? Harm none ? Don't start me on that subject.

Ever lived in a "nice" moobaan?  Besides soi dog problems, there are always dogs left in cages for long periods of time, incessantly barking.  The concrete construction and small lots amplify the noise like a Harmon-Kardon.  Those dog cages are much smaller than the Gorilla cage, even factoring in weight.  

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

You’d have to ask her. Apart looking like an attention seeker, you’re just insinuating that anyone who cares about animals doesn’t care about people. That’s just plain foolish.

To an animal lover it might appear foolish but I just prefer people.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, BillStrangeOgre said:

I'm not a huge fan of Cher and definitely not a fan of zoos but credit to her for drawing attention to this. I had no idea this poor creature was being kept at Pata Zoo on the upper floors of Pinklao Department Store, Bang Yi Khan. She should be moved to a sanctuary in the open where she can live in a more natural environment.

https://news.sky.com/story/cher-calls-for-thailands-pata-zoo-to-rehome-gorilla-bua-noi-after-30-years-living-above-shopping-centre-12156774

I actually visited this place 23 years ago and saw this gorilla(amongst other animals), when I used to stay near the Khao San road as a backpacker. Was a surprise to see a zoo up there. I also remember that my German/Polish girlfriend was proper grumpy at the time. 

7 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Are you in a similar situation to the Gorilla ?

Stuck in a room with no friends ?

Would you like me to contact Cher and make her aware of your situation ?

Nooooo I’d prefer this one kept in captivity ???????? please don’t tell Cher