COVID-19 Certificate of negative test, has anyone done this

You're asking on a forum about visas and travel to countries other than Thailand, so I'll move it.

On balance the Immigration to Thailand forum might get a better response that the Covid-19 Forum.

Have you looked on the Thai Embassy website in the US?

14 hours ago, davidcraig said:

All the Covid certificate needs is the official lab paper, the date and time of the test, a mention that it was a PCR test and the result - negative. And the date and time must be within 72 hours of your flight departure.

I think the name of the person taking the test might be quite important too. ????

I don't think we can give absolute answers like this as there were reports of refusals due to the individuals' passport numbers not being on the test results form.  These were at the originating airport rather than on arrival in Thailand, but if you can't get past check in you're not going to get to Thailand anyway.  If the OP provides airline and departure airport he/she may get more focussed advice.

Similarly test date and time required, although clearly in what I've seen is that of the results being issued, has been interpreted as the time of the sample being taken which could put you outside the 72 hour window, so it's vital to know exactly what your test lab will provide.