World in denial on climate action five years after Paris accord, says Thunberg

snoop1130

www.livescience.com

12 Mar 2007 — Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sun's activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.
How would the little female Yaba explain Mars heating up?
Edited by talahtnut
addition
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

www.livescience.com

12 Mar 2007 — Earth is heating up lately, but so are Mars, Pluto and other worlds in our solar system, leading some scientists to speculate that a change in the sun's activity is the common thread linking all these baking events.

You don't think that the sun's activity is intensively monitored already?

As for Mars:

However, climate change on Mars is mostly determined by changes in the tilt and shape of its orbit and the only reliable evidence merely indicates that Mars ended its most recent ice age about 400,000 years ago. Although some studies in the 2000s purportedly showed evidence of climate change on Mars, these were shown to be either localised effects due to Martian ‘weather’ and dust storms rather than ‘climate’.

The most recent studies show that there have been no significant changes in the average Martian temperature since at least the time of the Viking landers in the 1970s. So there is no evidence that Mars is actually heating up at all.

Is Mars really heating up quicker than Earth? - BBC Science Focus Magazine

41 minutes ago, scammed said:

nils axel morner was chosen as the head of the sea level group for the first IPCC precisely because he was recognized as the worlds premiere expert on the topic,

they had a fallout when he wouldnt peddle their propaganda,

he didnt need to

It looks like the Internet has failed you to find confirmation. Maybe you should try a dowsing rod?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, scammed said:

no, but scott just delete videos anyway so why bother ? google yourself

Researchgate has a curriculum vitae here:

Nils-Axel MÖRNER | Head of Department 1991-2005 | Ph.D. 1969 | Paleogeophysics and Geodynamics Institute, Uppsala | POG (researchgate.net)

No mention of anything to do with IPCC

Nothing in wikipedia either.

\

2 minutes ago, faraday said:

Dowsing rods do actually work. I tried one earlier this year.

Back on topic:

https://www.space.com/33001-mars-ice-age-ending-now.html

Thanks for the correction. Even if Mars is heating up, according to the article you linked to it has nothing to do with changes in the sun but rather the angle of Mars in relation to it. 

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Researchgate has a curriculum vitae here:

Nils-Axel MÖRNER | Head of Department 1991-2005 | Ph.D. 1969 | Paleogeophysics and Geodynamics Institute, Uppsala | POG (researchgate.net)

No mention of anything to do with IPCC

Nothing in wikipedia either.

\

in a couple of different videos he confirm he was appointed by ipcc.

being hired by ipcc to peddle their propaganda isnt exactly what you would write in your resume is it ?

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

While the politicians are dithering about what to do, there are a few straws in the wind that say others are adapting regardless.

Item: Most seaboard cities and towns have contingency plans for a black swan event w.r.to climate change, such as a sudden rise in sea level.

Item: Investment in renewable energy is accelerating. OTOH, there is not a bank in the world now that will advance a loan to fund a new coal mine.

Item: Insurance companies are increasing premiums to businesses and properties vulnerable to climate change.

Item: Most automotive companies are moving into electric vehicle production over the internal combustion engine.

Item: The uptake of solar panels on rooftops in Australia has grid suppliers weeping and gnashing their teeth. Everyone likes free electricity.

Item: Even some governments are getting in on the act, California is mandating electric vehicles by 2035.

These organisations are following the science. Permit me to doubt they are religious believers in climate change.

Just now, Lacessit said:

While the politicians are dithering about what to do, there are a few straws in the wind that say others are adapting regardless.

Item: Most seaboard cities and towns have contingency plans for a black swan event w.r.to climate change, such as a sudden rise in sea level.

Item: Investment in renewable energy is accelerating. OTOH, there is not a bank in the world now that will advance a loan to fund a new coal mine.

Item: Insurance companies are increasing premiums to businesses and properties vulnerable to climate change.

Item: Most automotive companies are moving into electric vehicle production over the internal combustion engine.

Item: The uptake of solar panels on rooftops in Australia has grid suppliers weeping and gnashing their teeth. Everyone likes free electricity.

Item: Even some governments are getting in on the act, California is mandating electric vehicles by 2035.

These organisations are following the science. Permit me to doubt they are religious believers in climate change.

yeah, lets hear what your theory about the 2nd law of thermodynamics again ?

in your mind, earth is a closed system so it apply,

am i right or am i right ?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scammed said:

yeah, lets hear what your theory about the 2nd law of thermodynamics again ?

in your mind, earth is a closed system so it apply,

am i right or am i right ?

Perhaps you could post your science credentials here before I bother replying to a troll post.

40 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps you could post your science credentials here before I bother replying to a troll post.

no, keep digging, but this time, specify

your vision, and more to the point, the mechanic behind which

the envisioned alarming events you foresee

Edited by scammed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I got some news for you. I know that Brexiters tend to inflate the importance of the UK in world affairs. But even they don't inflate its geographical size. Central England is an even tinier fraction of the globe. Temperature records there say nothing useful about global temperatures. Try again.

so what ? it goes to show temperature increased 2c in just 25 years, and none of the alarming alarms of impending doom came to be, instead england became just a bit more livable.

and no alarming data tampering has yet beaten that record

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scammed said:

no, keep digging, but this time, specify

your vision, and more to the point, the mechanic behind which

the envisioned alarming events you foresee

Given the literacy of your previous posts, I've concluded you have the same pretensions to any scientific qualifications or experience as I have for hip replacement surgery. Troll someone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scammed said:

so what ? it goes to show temperature increased 2c in just 25 years, and none of the alarming alarms of impending doom came to be, instead england became just a bit more livable.

and no alarming data tampering has yet beaten that record

Because it was a local phenomenon. What scientists have been warning about is Global Warming. When you can find scientists expressing consternation about the threats of Local Warming,  share that with us. Until then, your evidence is absolutely useless in regards to Global Warming and its consequences.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rabas said:

He is listed as an IPCC author/expert in the 2001 Climate Change 2001 report in the annex. I presume he would have contributed on sea level change. What ever happened though sure fired him up.

https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/03/annex.pdf

But for all we know, one of many. And all that scammed claims to have is a youtube video. I don't think it's insignificant that so much of the so called evidence from denialists is found on videos. It's a lot harder to fact check a video than text.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, scammed said:

in a couple of different videos he confirm he was appointed by ipcc.

being hired by ipcc to peddle their propaganda isnt exactly what you would write in your resume is it ?

It's not his resume I was referring to. It's his curriculum vitae. Not about him applying for a job, is it. Anyway your take on it is obviously self contradictory. He wouldn't put it on his resume but he would publicly confess to it? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

At 3 degrees of warming, many glaciers and ice caps melt, boosting sea levels rise and engulfing low areas. Deserts would grow and storms would become more violent, leaving more areas uninhabitable.

Yes instead of spouting BS on TVF watch some scientific programs (eg Earth from Space )

Watch all the glaziers disappearing watch the bleaching of the great barrier reef to many

other things to name.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, talahtnut said:

www.livescience.com

Do you live on Mars?

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But for all we know, one of many. And all that scammed claims to have is a youtube video. I don't think it's insignificant that so much of the so called evidence from denialists is found on videos. It's a lot harder to fact check a video than text.

Odd way to say thank you, I was wrong. Anyway, I neither defend nor negate his views, but surely youtube also has some of the best science presentations.

But if that is not your style, Nils Axel Morner wrote more than 650 papers on the subject, you couldn't find any of them? Here is another view from CFACT.

https://www.cfact.org/2020/10/19/sea-level-scientist-nils-axel-morner-1938-2020/

It's possible that AGW is real AND all is not as you are being told. Would you know?

Edited by rabas
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, rabas said:

Odd way to say thank you, I was wrong. Anyway, I neither defend nor negate his views, but surely youtube also has some of the best science presentations.

But if that is not your style, Nils Axel Morner wrote more than 650 papers on the subject, you couldn't find any of them? Here is another view from CFACT.

https://www.cfact.org/2020/10/19/sea-level-scientist-nils-axel-morner-1938-2020/

It's possible that AGW is real AND all is not as you are being told. Would you know?

Where did I concede being wrong? He was listed as a contributor. He claimed to be the head of the sea level group. 

What does that mean "AND all is not as you are being told" Sounds like more conspiracy thinking. 

And the bigger point is that Morner's assertions have been refuted by technology.

Global Mean Sea Level - Graph

Laboratory for Satellite Altimetry / Sea Level Rise

Local measurements of sea level change reflect any vertical motion of the land: if land sinks, sea level rises. Conversely, if land moves up, sea level appears to be going down. To remove the motion of land from sea level measurements, sea level is measured by instruments on satelltes. 

https://www.climate.gov/maps-data/dataset/global-mean-sea-level-graph

https://www.pnas.org/content/115/9/2022

https://sealevel.nasa.gov/

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/satellite-snafu-masked-true-sea-level-rise-for-decades/

https://www.nature.com/news/global-fingerprints-of-sea-level-rise-revealed-by-satellites-1.22588

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Because it was a local phenomenon. What scientists have been warning about is Global Warming. When you can find scientists expressing consternation about the threats of Local Warming,  share that with us. Until then, your evidence is absolutely useless in regards to Global Warming and its consequences.

global means local average, and is made up of local stations,

(or should be, but many stations has been replaced by guesses) no need to express constipation

• Like 2